Chapter 42

Jin's POV

"Jin hyung? What are you doing here?" Yoongi asked clearly surprised to see me there.

"I'll answer when you do," I said, trying not to get annoyed at him.

"Jin..?" I turned to an even more confused Yoona.

"Am I getting an answer to my question?' I asked sweetly, enjoying how she squirmed in her chair.

"I-I.. um..err.." She was getting redder by the second.

I couldn't resist pinching her cheeks and laugh at how flustered she had gotten.
"You will have to answer that question, eventually. But right now, I need to talk to him," I said, jerking my thumb at the person who was finding a sachet of sugar very fascinating at the moment.

"How about you head back to your apartment and I'll come by later?" I asked. I needed to talk to Yoongi alone. 

"Sure...." Yoona said, her brows furrowed in confusion. I stood up as she collected her jacket and tried to pay for her untouched coffee.

"I've got it. Wait up for me, alright? I'll be there soon," I said, giving her a quick peck on her cheek.

Her eyes grew wide and her hand rose to touch her cheek. She quickly pulled her hand down, did an awkward wave, mumbled her goodbye and tripped her way out of the cafe.

"So, where were we?" I asked sitting in the chair Yoona had vacated. "Right, Yoongi, what are you doing here?"

"I am assuming you heard the conversation, so you know the reason. I don't care if you are angry with me, I needed to talk to her."

"I am not angry with you for wanting to talk to her. I know you did it because you are looking out for me. I just wish you had spoken to me before you decided to accuse Yoona of all that you did. Why didn't you just come talk to me about your concerns?" I asked, slightly hurt that he found talking to Yoona an easier option than talking to me.

"You wouldn't have listened to me! You are all googly eyes whenever she is around!" Yoongi let out a frustrated sigh.

"Really, Yoongi? Googly eyes?"

"You know what I mean!"

"Why didn't you tell me that you knew about Yoona? About calling out for her in my sleep and all that," I asked.

I hadn't mentioned Yoona to any of the other members because back then we were a newly formed group. We were just getting to know each other and I didn't want to burden them with my personal problems. I was surprised to hear that Yoongi had known all along.

"You wouldn't have liked knowing that I knew. You had tried really hard to keep us in the dark about it and I didn't want to make things awkward by mentioning it. I didn't mention any of this to the others so you don't have to worry about that."

"If you knew all that then you should also know that I was the one at fault. You saw me suffer through the last one month and decided to come talk to her. Yoongi, she suffered through five years of that! What I went through is probably nothing compared to what she had to go through."

"Also, you think I wouldn't notice if someone was with me for the fame or money? Give me some credit! I have been in this industry long enough to be able to read people. I understand that it's hard for you to trust Yoona but you can trust my decision, right?"

"Hyung...I don't want to see you get hurt again," he said quietly, fidgeting with the cup of coffee which had long gone cold.

"I know that. Even if your intentions were good, you shouldn't have accused her. You don't know her well enough and that's why you don't see what I do. At least give her a chance! You seemed to like her when I introduced her to all of you. What happened?"

"Googly eyes," he simply stated with a straight face making me burst out in laughter.

"Yoona is a good person, give her a chance and you'll come to like her as much as I do. Also, I think you owe her an apology."

"Do you really want me to start liking your girl?" Yoongi asked, his smirk dripping with arrogance.

I flicked him on the head. "Yah! You know what I meant. Now, let's go so you can apologize and we can stop with all this nonsense." I said, asking for the bill so we could leave.

"Hyung!"

"Don't whine, Min Yoongi!" I said, pushing him out of the cafe.

"I hate you." He mumbled, clearly disgruntled.

"I love you too. Didn't think that I was going to say those words to you of all people, not tonight at least. Now, let's go." I nudged him in the direction of Yoona's apartment.

----