Chapter 3

Yoona's POV

KIM SEOKJIN?!

No. It can't be. The probability of it is too low.

I am sure there's more than one Kim Seokjin in the world. I laughed at the ridiculous way my brain works.

But what if...? NO. Brain, stop.

Honestly, my brain and its overactive imagination is the reason I am so sleep deprived and almost always late to work.

After a considerable amount of time, my brain decided to let me fall asleep.

-----

I ran towards the conference room, almost dropping my laptop. Phew! Made it! Boss isn't here yet!!

Jihee glared at me as soon as I dropped myself on the seat next to her.

"Min Yoona! I thought you wouldn't make it! I almost broke down your door trying to wake you up! I was so sure I wouldn't be able to cover for you and boss would have fired you! You know how important this new client is!" She whisper-yelled at me.

I quickly hugged her, "Hehe! Sorry! I love you!"

Jihee, still glaring at me, "That's not going to work anymore. Do you not understand how imp-"

"I'm really sorry! I couldn't fall asleep last night and then I must have I snoozed the alarm!"

Jihee just sighed in defeat, "One of these days you are going to get into trouble and I won't be able to help you."

I attacked her with another hug, "Sorry! Okay, you can yell at me more later, now let's go through the presentation once before the meeting starts."

Jihee, shoving me away, "Fine, but I'm not letting you off the hook that easily."

We finished reviewing the presentation just as our boss and the client walked in.

This meeting was very important for my company and for us too. It was the first project that Jihee and I were completely in charge of. For the new project, we had to design the entire campaign for an artist's album.

To make sure that no details were leaked, we weren't informed about the artist for whom we were designing. This was quite common in the music industry as information about comebacks and album releases was highly confidential. Only our boss knew all the details and we were informed to work on basic ideas and then build on it when we are informed about the artist to make sure that it reflected the artist and their ideas.

Since this was the first time that we would be working with this client, we were extra nervous and the client's poker face throughout the presentation wasn't helping.

After the presentation was over, the client and our boss went in for discussion and Jihee and I were standing outside the boss' cabin trying to eavesdrop. We almost fell when the cabin door opened suddenly.

The client acknowledged us with a nod and walked out. Meanwhile, our boss was throwing daggers at us with his eyes, so we tried to slyly go back to our desks.

But before we could escape, our boss yelled at us, "You two! Get in!"

"Crap."

We went in and sat down. We didn't dare to look at him. He can get really scary when he wants to be.

"What is wrong with you two? This is a professional workspace! You can't go around eavesdropping! Especially with this client involved! Now the client will think that we don't take our work seriously!"

Both of us started to apologize at the same time, "We're so sorry! We just-"

"I don't want to hear it! Sometimes I question my judgement of making you two responsible for this project. And now that we got the approval of the client, you'll be working more closely with the client and I'm not sure how you will behave!"

"We're are really sorry, we won't...Wait! What! We got the approval? Really?"

Jihee started jumping and I almost ran to hug our boss in all the excitement! Almost. Phew. That would have been awkward.

He couldn't stand us jumping around and promptly threw us out.

"Now get out of here. You have a lot of work starting tomorrow. I will mail you the details of the next meeting with the client."

"Thank you, boss!", we said as we jumped our way out of the cabin. So much for behaving like professionals.

Well, considering I didn't break into my happy dance, some level of professionalism was maintained.

--------