Chapter 24

Jin's POV

Please tell me they have it here! I am an idiot! If they don't have it here, I'll have to go all the way back and then the entire shoot will get delayed.

I can't believe I forgot to refill Eomukie and Odengie's food! I wasn't familiar with this convenience store so I wasn't sure if they kept food for pets, especially the kind that Eomukie and Odengie need. The person at the checkout counter wasn't sure if they had it and told me to check in the pet food aisle.

Pet food.. Pet food.. Aha! Here it is! Now to search for their food. They have it! Phew!

I quickly bought a couple of packets and left the store.

"Hyung! I found the food! Alright, I'll wait for you."

I ended the call and sat down at a table outside the store, waiting for my manager to come pick me up. I looked around and to my surprise saw Yoona sitting at a table on the other end. I walked towards her table.

"Excuse me, Ma'am, is this seat taken?" I asked, pointing to the chair opposite her.

She looked up from her phone, with her mouth full of food. "Hmm..?" She asked, staring at me.

"Is this seat taken?" I asked again. She didn't recognise me! I almost snickered with joy.

"It isn't, but the rest of the tables are empty." She pointed to the empty tables.

"I know, but I don't like eating alone, so if it's not too much trouble....?" I appealed to her with my puppy-eyes.

She stared at me for a couple of seconds, her eyebrow tensed.

"You know what, why sit there, come sit next to me!" she patted the seat next to her while removing her bag and making space for me.

Huh...? Is she serious? How can she let some random stranger, especially a man, sit next to her? What is wrong with her?!

"Are you serious..?"

"Yes, Jinja. Sit, we can share my sandwich. It's my second one anyway."

Oh.

She burst out laughing looking at my expression as I pulled down my mask.

"How did you recognize me through the mask and hoodie? I thought that had gone crazy to let some unknown person sit next to you!" I said as I sat down next to her.

"Two can play the game. Also, it's not difficult to recognize you. Your voice gave you away and your shoulders confirmed it." She looked really proud of herself with that smug smile on her face.

"I am going to pretend that you don't sound like you have stalked me enough to recognize me by my shoulders." I smirked. "So what brings you here?"

"I was actually coming to your shoot site. I had skipped lunch, so I stopped for a quick bite."

"Our shoot site? Why?"

"I wanted to come check the set design once and meet the art director as well."

"Oh! I didn't think you would personally oversee all that." This would mean that I would get to see her often! Why was I feeling giddy like a teenager who gets to do their school project with their crush?

"I don't have to, but since it's my first big project, I wanted to make sure everything was perfect! But what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be getting ready?" 

"I forgot to refill Eomukie and Odengie's food and no one else knows what brand of food they eat and I couldn't remember the name, so I had to come get it myself. I was waiting for my manager when I saw you."

"Eomukie and Odengie...? Who..?"

"Oh sorry, my sugar gliders," I informed her, showing her photos of them on my phone.

"No way! You have sugar gliders as pets? They are so tiny!!" She squealed looking at the photos.

I laughed seeing her so excited. "Come home someday. You can meet them then."

"Oh here, you are getting a call." She handed my phone back to me

"It's my manager. Just a second."

"Hello. Hyung, I see you. Wait there. I'll come." I ended the call. "Yoona, are you done? You can come with me."

"No, that's okay. You carry on. You need to get there first. I'll just walk to the site. It's pretty close from here right?"

"Yeah, it is. Are you sure? I still have time. The others will be getting ready anyway." I asked again.

"Yes. Go. I'll see you there!" She pulled me up from my seat.

"Okay, okay. I'm going!" I waved to her and walked to the waiting car.

--------------

A/N: Jin is like a proud father showing off his kids' photos when he shows off Eomukie and Odengie's photos. :P

And only Jin could name his pets after food. This boy I swear!

Also, quick tip. Check out Jin focus fancams of Best of Me from their 4th Muster. You won't be disappointed. 😍

Oh and what coincidence that he got the Sugar glider onesie on the first day of the muster! XP