Chapter 27

Yoona's POV

".... anything further with Yoona."

My hand was on the door handle, just about to push it open when I heard my name. That sounds like Jin. Is he talking about me? I immediately stopped myself from going in. I wasn't sure if I should be listening in, but hearing my name got the better of my curiosity and I couldn't help but eavesdrop.

"I didn't want to lead her on and make her hope for a future that would not be possible. Moreover, at the time I had known her only for a couple of months, I wasn't even sure if it was worth all the trouble. I figured that if I didn't contact her, she would eventually forget about me and move on."

My hand started shaking and I couldn't hold on to the handle anymore. I slowly backed away from the door.

"Woah! Yoona, watch out!" I bumped into someone and felt someone holding me by my shoulders.

I turned to find Taehyung smiling at me. "Watch where you are going-" I watched as his smile dropped and brows furrowed. "Yoona, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

Crying? My fingers touched my cheek and sure enough, it was wet.

"Oh, nothing, something went into my eye," I said as I quickly wiped my tears. "Um, I should get going. It was really nice meeting you. Um, bye."

I waved to him and got out of there as soon as my feet would take me.

-----

"Yoona..? Why are you drenched?" Jihee said pulling me into the apartment and rushing off to probably get me a towel. I was lost in such a daze that I didn't even realize that I had somehow managed to reach home.

"It was raining and I couldn't find a cab.."

"Yoona, have you been crying? Your eyes are red!" She said as she handed me a towel.

"No, no. Something went into my eye and I rubbed it too hard. Jihee, I don't feel too good. I'm going to go rest. I am not hungry so don't wake me up for dinner." I was dangerously close to breaking into tears once again, so I rushed to my room.

"Yoona!" She called out to me as I closed the door to my room. I got out my wet clothes and lied down on my bed, pulling the covers over me. The blanket didn't help how cold I felt inside.

"..future that would not be possible."

"I wasn't even sure if it was worth all the trouble."

"I figured that if I didn't contact her, she would eventually forget about me and move on."

His words were continuously playing out in my head and I felt the tears I had tried to hold back all the way back home, running down my face.

He had confirmed everything that I had feared all these years.

He had meant everything to me and I was nothing to him. Just some girl who had a crush on him and wasn't worth the trouble. I felt like a complete idiot to ever think that it had been anything but him wanting to avoid me.

To think that I had almost risked my future over a guy who couldn't have cared less. I have always thought that I was a good judge of character but never understood how I could have gone so wrong when it came to Jin. 

Stop crying, Yoona! It's not worth it. He's not worth it. Why are you suddenly so sensitive?! Get it together!

I didn't want to go back to the insecure girl I was, pining for some sort of acknowledgement from a guy who clearly couldn't be any less bothered about me.

No matter how hard I tried to dismiss it and wished that it didn't hurt, it still did.

----------

"Jiheeee!" I groaned as I heard a couple of knocks and the door squeak open again. "I didn't get hungry in the ten minutes since you last came to check on me!"

Crap!

I pulled the covers over my head, hiding from her. For the past couple of hours, every time I heard Jihee's footsteps outside my door, I would pretend to be asleep. She knew that something was wrong and was constantly checking on me but I didn't feel like talking to her yet. I wasn't a crying mess anymore but I knew that I had lecture beginning with 'I told you so' waiting for me on the other side of the door and I wanted to postpone hearing it. 

And now she knew that I was actually awake. Smart move, Yoona!

"Hey... it's...me."

I immediately sat up, on hearing the hesitant voice.

"What are you doing here?!"

----------