Chapter 29

Yoona's POV

"Yoongi?"

"What are you doing here..?" I asked again as I got out of my bed. Luckily I had changed into my decent pair of pajamas and not just the oversized t-shirt I generally wore to bed. He just scratched the behind of his ear, looking everywhere but at me.

"I am not really sure.."

"Eh? Did something happen at the shoot? I had made sure everything was okay before leaving."

"No, no. It's not about the shoot. Why am I even here?!" He seemed to be talking to himself.

"I would like to know too. This is really... random?" I said, at loss for a better word to describe the situation.

"It's just that.. well... Taehyung... I mean.. he.."

"Taehyung? Did something happen to him?" Even if something did happen to Taehyung, why would he come here? This doesn't even make sense.

"No. No. Nothing happened to Taehyung.."

"Okay...so..." I urged him to go on. "Wait, how do you know where I live? Where's Jihee?" I suddenly realized that he was standing in my room and Jihee wouldn't randomly let someone come into my room.

It was getting a little weird...

"Jihee..? Oh! Your roommate! She's standing guard. Outside." He murmured.

"Standing guard..? What..? What is even going on..?" I quickly got out of my room to go check on Jihee.

I saw her standing at the apartment's main door, hands crossed at her chest and one foot tapping while glaring at someone standing outside the apartment.

"Jihee..? Who's there? What's going on? Do you know why Yoongi is here?" I asked her as I walked to her, trying to see who was getting the death glare.

Suddenly I saw Jin's head pop into the apartment.

"Hey.." He did his awkward little wave, while nervously glancing at Jihee.

"You are here too?! What's happening? Someone..? Anyone..?" I looked at all three of them.

"I wasn't planning on letting them into the apartment, let alone your room but they said that they wanted to talk to you and that it was really important. I knew you were awake anyway so I figured it was okay."

"So it was either letting mint-top here," she replied pointing at Yoongi whose eyes had narrowed at the comment, "or him," jabbing her thumb at Jin.

"So you let mint-top, I mean Yoongi." I smiled apologetically at Yoongi.

"Obviously. Like I would let him in," she went back to glaring at Jin.

It was actually fun watching Jin squirm under Jihee's glare. The jerk deserved it anyway.

"Jihee, let him come in. I don't know what's going on but I'll talk to them, so they can leave soon." I said patting her on the shoulder.

"Fine. But let me know if they cause a problem. And you!," Jihee proceeded to point two fingers at her own eyes and then towards Jin. Jin nodded his head, receiving the warning loud and clear.

I almost burst out laughing ruining the entire effect. I could see that Jihee was just messing with him but Jin looked a little scared as he walked into the apartment.

"So what's going on..?" I asked facing both of them.

"I have nothing to say." Yoongi declared and sat down on the couch, tapping away at his phone, not bothered.

"I-I actually wanted to talk to you. In private..?" Jin said hesitating.

"Erm.. okay."

I walked into my room and heard him follow me. He left the door ajar after entering.

"So what's up?" I asked nonchalantly, sitting on my bed.

"May I?" He pointing at the bed, asking for permission. I was considering being petty and making him stand but decided that Jihee had done enough to make him so nervous.

"Sure. Now, what's going on? Why are both of you here?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"I-I am sorry.." Jin said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sorry..? For what?"

"For what you heard.."

"Ah! You are apologizing because I ended up hearing you." Taehyung must have told him.

"No! No! I didn't mean it like that...Yoona! I am really sorry. I am not sure what exactly you heard but-"

"Don't you dare try to defend yourself and say something along the lines of how you didn't mean what you said. I heard you clearly! If you are here to make up some excuse, I think you should leave because I have heard enough from you today." I snapped at him.

"I wasn't going to defend myself or make up some excuse. I just wanted to apologize and talk to you. I know it sounds like I am trying to defend myself, but can you please hear me out?" Jin pleaded.

"Jin. Honestly, I don't want to hear you trying to explain what you meant when you said I was not 'worth the trouble'. You couldn't have been more clear."

I was starting to get emotional all over again and the last thing I wanted to do was cry in front of him.

"Heck, I don't even remember telling you that I wanted you to get into any sort of trouble for me! Sure, I had a crush on you back then, but not once did I ask or even expect any sort of response to my feelings. How is it my fault that you just assumed everything and decided that ignoring me would make me get over you?!"

"You decided to stop talking to me just because you didn't want to deal with the fact that I had feelings for you! How hard would it have been to just tell me that you didn't like me and just wanted to be friends or whatever? If you thought that I couldn't handle that, you clearly didn't know me well enough. For all the worrying you did when it came to me, not once did you actually think about m-me!"

My voice cracked, I tried blinking back the tears that were going to spill out. More than hurt, I was just angry with him now.

"You just left me h-hanging, confused and scared about what I had done that you decided to stop talking to me! Do you know how much it sucks to question everything you have done? To constantly think about how you could have done things differently? All of this shit just because you were a coward."

I quickly wiped the tears that had spilled out. I didn't want to stop now, I just wanted to get everything off my chest. Things I had been holding onto all these years.

"And, now five years later you introduce me as your 'good' friend, are you kidding me? If somewhere in that head of yours, you still think that you weren't wrong, I think it's best if we stop talking and not pretend to be friends anymore. It won't be something new for you anyway. You have done a splendid job of it for five years now!"

After I was done, I just sat and waited for my breathing to come back to normal. I could still feel tears flowing down my cheeks but I didn't care about it anymore.

"Jin, you planning to say anything..? You wanted to talk, right? Let's talk."

While I sat waiting for him to say something, he got up from the bed and walked out of my room.

I just sat there blinking.

Wait...what?

------------