Chapter 6

Yoona's POV

J-Jin? Is it really him? It can't be him. But..

No. I could be wrong. It's probably someone who looks like him. It has been 5 years since I have seen him, I am probably mistaken.

Right. Who are you trying to kid? You can never forget his face.

This is definitely him. Has he become taller?

Focus, Yoona! That's not important right now! What is he doing here? And why is he staring at me like that?

"I'm talking to you, who are you? You are not supposed to be here," he asks me again.

What does he mean who am I? It's almost like he doesn't...

He doesn't recognize me.

Or worse, he doesn't remember me.

"I'm going to ask you just once more before I call security and have you escorted out of the building, what are you doing here?" He was getting really annoyed.

What if he really doesn't remember me! I felt my stomach drop at that possibility.

I somehow manage to mumble,"S-Sorry, Jin. I actually have a meeting with the marketing team, the receptionist gave me directions but I got confused and lost my way."

"Why couldn't you just say that the first time around?", Jin asks me exasperatedly. "Go down this hallway and take the first right, the first room on your right is where you'll find the marketing team."

I thank him for the directions and get out of there as soon as my legs could take me.

He seemed so cold and almost rude. He was never like this before. What happened to him?

---------

Jin's POV

As she ran past me, I got a closer look at her face. She seemed distraught.

And familiar.

Maybe I shouldn't have yelled at her like that. But in my defense, she really looked like a trespasser! Also, she could have told me she lost her way when I asked her the first time. She just kept staring at me, so I assumed she was not replying because she was caught lurking around.

But I guess I shouldn't have removed my frustration on her.

But why was she staring at me for so long?

She also called me Jin like she knew me. Not in the way fans would call me.

It was different. It was almost personal.

And she said that she was here for a meeting, which would mean that she was here in a professional capacity and since I clearly didn't know her personally, she would have addressed me as Seokjin at least, if not my full name.

"Oh, hyung! You are still here!" Yoongi's voice brought me back from my thoughts. I saw his head peaking out of the studio.

"Yeah, I was just leaving, just got distracted. Don't stay too long, come home soon or else.." I warned him.

"Yes, yes. You'll send Jungkook to come get me. I know. I'll be home soon. Don't worry." Yoongi flashed his gummy smile and went back to work.

Has anyone ever stopped worrying because someone told you not to? Exactly.

And immediately, she was back in my thoughts. Should I go find her and apologize?

For all I know, she wasn't even affected by our little encounter and here I am overthinking it all.

If I run into her again, I'll make sure to apologize anyway.

I fought back another yawn. I really needed to get some sleep and decided to head home.

----------