02: queer / sope

QUEER
( part one )

WORD COUNT 2k
OVERVIEW yoongi bumps into a very familiar face at their support group. ( transgender!bts au )

     YOONGI SIGHED GENTLY AS their favourite song started playing in their earbuds. tapping their pale fingers on the skin of their thigh, left uncovered by the skirt they wore, a pleated black thing patterned with skulls. yoongi sat waiting in the stands at the football pitch for their two best friends. they were a boy called namjoon and a demigirl called jimin, who hung around with the tough boys like namjoon just because she could.

jimin was chasing after namjoon for the ball, easily spotted by her bright silver hair, running past jeongguk and yugyeom, before finally tackling the ball and kicking it toward namjoon's team's goal, their goalie failing to catch it. jimin yelled in victory; her team had just won the game, the rule being whoever got to five goals first won. yoongi stood up and clapped, raising their hands to their mouth and yelling praise. jimin's face lit up with a smile, and namjoon said something to her, laughing. jimin jokingly punched him in the shoulder and began to make her way up the stands, namjoon behind her.

"well done minnie, that was great," yoongi complimented, a gummy smile on their face. jimin blushed and grinned. "ready to head to group, joonie?"

namjoon nodded, running a hand over his recently shaved undercut. jimin got on her tip toes and kissed namjoon's cheek in a way of saying goodbye, doing the same with yoongi. namjoon looked like a tomato as jimin waved goodbye, heading back down the stands to her girl friends. yoongi chuckled at namjoon, ruffling his hair.

"you okay there joonie?" they teased, picking up their backpack and throwing their bomber jacket over their shoulders. namjoon rolled his eyes, slinging an arm around yoongi's shoulders as they walked down the stands, headed towards the exit of the pitch.

"absolutely peachy, yoon, dunno why you'd ask." namjoon smiled, making yoongi smirk knowingly. namjoon's soft purple hair was cut shorter than last week, his mom finally letting up and taking him to the salon for a 'proper boy's cut', and he wore a leather jacket and ripped jeans, always with that grin on his face.

he and yoongi made an odd-looking duo; a tall transboy with a cheesy grin and a loud laugh, and a short nonbinary who liked wearing skirts and fishnets, and who had hair like the night sky, with mixed blues and blacks dyed into their short hair. they had bonded over a love for hip-hop and the fact that they were both part of the trans community over a year ago, and jimin had made her way into the group by just being herself — herself being a small, cute fluffball that hung around the two, and that namjoon ended up getting a crush on (although he'd deny it).

yoongi and namjoon walked down the street to the place where their group met up every week, a small, rainbow themed café called spectrum, run by an older couple called jinyoung and mark. it was a café specifically for the LGBTQ+ community, a rare thing in south korea, but somehow, on a small street in daegu, the married couple had made it happen.

the group that namjoon and yoongi frequented was a sort of support group for young trans people, there being around five other members, excluding namjoon, yoongi, and the head of the group, a trans guy named yongguk. yoongi really enjoyed the group. they had met lots of new people (which was usually hard for them to do, being a slightly antisocial and isolated person), and it was something fun for them and namjoon to do together, and namjoon seemed to have a great time too, especially enjoying the live music nights on saturdays.