52: shooting stars all break up / taegi

SHOOTING STARS
ALL BREAK UP

FOR Str0ng_P0wer_Thancc
WORD COUNT 4k ( ahhsjsj sorry )
OVERVIEW "this is just a phase love/shooting stars all break up", or where they can't be together, but can't be apart. ( super angsty beware / title from wake up by eden )

TIREDNESS AND FATIGUE ARE thick in the air in the bts dorm, members moving around sluggishly, jet lagged brains slow. jeongguk and jimin are bickering over the shower; nothing new. seokjin scolds hoseok and namjoon for messing about and they laugh at him; nothing new.

but something is new in the dorm.

the members have just returned from america, where they'd been promoting their new songs. exhaustion had come with the livestages, excitement from the bbmas and ellen show, laughter and secrets revealed at interviews where the members had spilled everything. everyone had noticed one thing, though; how confident they all seemed in themselves, how touchy namjoon and jimin were, how seokjin openly admitted that he didn't care about girls. that had been noticed.

the thing that is new in the dorm is the sleeping arrangements. taehyung and yoongi now share a room. and that's where they are now; short moonlight skinned limbs wrapped up in their lanky melanin counterparts, two sets of sleepy coffee eyes staring into each other as seoul lives on outside their window and their members continue their lives outside. the room is a world apart; where no peace is ever shattered, no hate is ever spoken. yoongi's just contemplating that when taehyung leans forward, just that little bit, and he falls just a bit more, letting himself be encapsulated into the sweet, soft feeling of taehyung's lips and the smell of his hair products and the feel of his skin. 

maybe the fans had noticed a few things. the hickey on yoongi's neck that he'd barely bothered to cover, that one interview when taehyung had stated that they got drunk and "crazy things happened" after the bbmas the year prior, and everyone's eyes had drifted to yoongi. but was it so bad? yoongi loves america; he can be more like the man he really is there, not the man bighit makes him out to be, and he can be the bisexual icon that his international fans want. sometimes he regrets choosing a korean industry– really, he had no other choice–, wishing he knew english so he could've gone to america. sometimes he regrets getting into music at all.

but not when he has his fingers curled into taehyung's messy mullet of black hair and the taste of taehyung's mango lipbalm fresh in his mouth. not when his legs are tangled with the vocalists under taehyung's duvet and that gentle baritone voice is lulling him to sleep. not when he wouldn't trade laying with taehyung for all the sold out arena shows in the world.

"you're thinking too much." taehyung mumbles sleepily, pressing the pad of his thumb to yoongi's forehead, smoothing away the furrowed brow that yoongi sometimes develops. the rapper can't help but smile with one side of his mouth, shifting so he's impossibly closer, lips almost touching as they speak.

"what makes you say that?" he asks, watching as dust flits through early summer sunlight filtered through their curtains, cutting across taehyung's perfect face. the younger shrugs with such nonchalance, hand on yoongi's hip and suddenly he's hyperaware of the skimming of taehyung's thumb over his exposed skin.

"you're just... doing the thing that namjoon calls your 'genius expression'," taehyung says with a short laugh. yoongi rolls his eyes; the things his dongsaengs come out with. "what? his words."

"shut up." yoongi whispers. it's different though; when he tells hoseok to shut up because he's being too loud, it's a barking order. at jeongguk playing video games when he's trying to relax on the sofa, it's delivered with a smack to the back of the head and a few choice swears. to seokjin– who no one dares to shut up– it's a quick "quiet, hyung", and no more. this is tender, this is fond, this is... this is them. taehyung smiled at the thought of that. it's theirs.