14: bach vs the rolling stones / vmin

BACH VS THE
ROLLING STONES

WORD COUNT 1.9K
OVERVIEW taehyung's new neighbours are really noisy, and his mom forces him to go meet them.

PLAYLIST purple rain / prince, hey jude / the beatles

LOUD ROCK MUSIC BLARED from the garage of the house opposite taehyung's own, startling the red haired boy as he tried to write an essay on beethoven, making him drop his pen. he sighed, bending down to pick it up and flicking his hair from his eyes.

"what the fuck?" he whispered, wondering why the little beige house across the street had suddenly turned into a mosh pit. the family that had lived there for years, since before taehyung was born, would never play that kind of music; they were both in their eighties, and owned three cats. so taehyung wondered what had happened.

"mom!" he called from the door of his bedroom, his mother yelling a "what?" in reply, "who's playing the music over at mr and mrs sho's?"

"oh, they moved out!" miss kim said, beginning to walk up the stairs. "like two weeks ago. you didn't notice?"

"no?" taehyung said confusedly. he thought he'd notice something like that.

"well, you have been busy with studying," miss kim sighed, rolling her eyes. "god, tae, i thought you were less disconnected than that!"

tae crossed his arms leaving against the doorframe. "anyway," he said, veering away from his mother's critiquing. "who moved in?"

"i have no clue," miss kim shrugged. "definitely a teenage kid though. you should go over and introduce yourself!"

taehyung's eyes widened at the prospect of having to interact with the new people on the street. especially if their kid was some kind of punk-rock-goth-emo person. taehyung could just imagine it; a scary girl with purple highlights and studded leather boots, eyes ringed in kohl and fishnets on her pale legs. or a boy with ash black hair and loads of piercings, in band shirts and super ripped jeans, with a lip ring and too many skater belts. nope, nope, he couldn't do that.

"i-i-i don't think that's a good idea, mom," he stuttered. miss kim rolled her eyes. "seriously, you know how bad i am at communication!"

"you need to talk with more people your own age, taehyung," miss kim said matter-of-factly. "stop writing your essay on whatever classical writer or musician, change out of your pajamas and go say hi."

"fine." taehyung sighed dejectedly, going back into his room and closing the door. he had the room on the third floor of the little suburban house, with a balcony attached, and he could easily peer over at the house the music was coming from. he dug around in his closet for a decent outfit, swapping his plaid pajamas pants for grey adidas sweats and pulling his brother's old harvard sweatshirt over the t-shirt he wore.

he glanced in the mirror, grimacing a little. he didn't look too bad, although his glasses were asked on his nose and his red hair was a mess, but he was sure it'd make a good first impression.

taehyung laced up his black vans and walked down the two flights of stairs, into the kitchen, where his mom was dancing along to a classic rock song, her hair messily piled up in a bun and a flour streak on her cheek.