65: scared / taegi

SCARED

WORD COUNT 2.5k
OVERVIEW yoongi promises taehyung he won't go into little space while home alone. spoiler: he does. ( cg/lb relationship w little yoon n it's hella fluffy at the end )
FOR Str0ng_P0wer_Thancc

"—ARE YOU SURE about this yoongi? really?" taehyung repeats the same question he's been asking for an hour now, dressed in his grey suit for work, eyebrows furrowed in worry. his short boyfriend rolls his eyes with a huff, hand on his hip.

"i'll be fine, tae," yoongi says, fed up with the younger's constant doubting of him. taehyung opens his mouth to speak, but the black haired boy shushes him. "you've got a meeting."

taehyung purses his lips, concerned. he's been called last minute for a business meeting at his father's company, which ruins the afternoon he had planned with yoongi, hopefully with his boyfriend free to be in little space like he wants to. taehyung hasn't seen his hyung in his favourite mindset for a week, yoongi having been busy with producing a song for some up and coming jyp group—he'd been stressed, and taehyung had hoped this saturday would be perfect for him to fall into his caregiver role. but, sadly, things changed.

"i'm just... concerned, okay yoon? you haven't been in little space for ages, baby, and i'm worried you'll slip," he says. yoongi exhales, pouty, before walking forward and standing on his tiptoes to kiss taehyung softly on the lips.

"i'll be alright. jimin's number is on speed-dial if i need a caregiver, you know that," he says, tender, and taehyung's heart melts like a sundae on a summer afternoon at the small smile on yoongi's face, nodding in understanding. the smaller boy grins and kisses him again, patting his shoulder. "now go! your dad'll pull a fit otherwise."

taehyung laughs and kisses yoongi's forehead, picking up his briefcase from the floor with a sad smile. yoongi's upset too; he was ready to spend the afternoon with taehyung, watching disney channel in their pajamas and eating sweets together, maybe doing some colouring and taking a nap eventually. as soon as taehyung's gone, he pouts heavily and sighs.

"guess i'm on my own." he says. truthfully, he could go into little space if he just called jimin—the younger is well experienced, thanks to his ex boyfriend youngjae—but it's not the same as being little with taehyung as his caregiver. they've been together for five years now, taehyung knows every little thing that yoongi needs when he's small, knows the snacks he likes best, the names of all his stuffies, the petnames he likes. with jimin, it's different, because jimin isn't a full time caregiver anymore, not now he's with hoseok, who yoongi would assume to be jimin's caregiver if he didn't know better. with jimin, it's a bit awkward—yoongi would never tell him that though.

with a gentle sigh leaving his pouty lips, yoongi goes upstairs and changes into his favourite pajamas; he can still have a lazy movie-pajama-junk food afternoon by himself. taehyung will be back in less than an hour. yoongi can handle himself.

dressed in one of taehyung's t-shirts and studio ghibli patterned pajama trousers—a valentine's gift from taehyung—, yoongi goes to the kitchen and tries to find some snacky food. he has to stand on a chair to reach the right cupboard (damn taehyung's tall ass), and manages to get the microwave popcorn and a packet of sour gummies from the sweet cabinet. taehyung thinks he's slick, hiding the sweets, but big yoongi knows where everything is. throwing some sweets into his mouth, he puts the popcorn in the microwave and waits.