83: be my valentine / namguk

BE MY VALENTINE

WORD COUNT 4K
OVERVIEW namjoon wants jeongguk to feel as much love as possible ( a spin off from promise, valentine's day fluff ❣️ )
PLAYLIST when you love someone / day6, better / khalid, i'm yours / jason mraz

💌

MORNING SUNLIGHT finds a home in the nooks and crannies of jeongguk's sleeping form, buried in the dips of his collarbones, dancing in his eyelashes, spreading into the cracks of his chapped lips, which are parted slightly, small breaths coming out gently, chest rising and falling. namjoon watches his small, beautiful boyfriend (of nearly a year!), heart beating and swelling with love as he leans down to press a kiss to jeongguk's forehead, soft and fond.

the lids of jeongguk's eyes flutter like the wings of a disturbed butterfly, revealing irises of murky river water brown, pupils dilated and sluggish, a gentle groan leaving his lips. "good morning, cherry pie," namjoon grins, propped up on one elbow, laying parallel to jeongguk. the younger grins, wiping gunk from his eyes. "happy valentine's."

"hm? oh! it's - it's that already?" jeongguk's mouth parts in an 'o', making namjoon laugh softly. the older passes him his hearing aids, which lie on the dresser; despite being able to read lips, they make things easier for jeongguk. the younger beams. "happy valentine's, joonie."

"hope you're not too tired, cherry pie," namjoon says, and jeongguk looks at him questioningly. "i'm taking you out today! it's valentine's, i think it's time for a special date."

to be truthful, namjoon's had everything organised for today since january 14th, creating a group chat with taehyung, jimin, and jimin's boyfriend ryuho, and planning every little detail. it's been quite an extensive process, but to see the crinkled-nose-lifted-shoulders smile that jeongguk gets when he hears namjoon say that, it's all worth it. he leans up and pecks namjoon on the lips, grinning.

"what time is it?" he asks, looking over at the cage containing rocky, stilton and cheddar - his pet rats -, where the green hamster wheel is rotating, stilton running like crazy. namjoon glances at the red blinking alarm clock.

"quarter past nine. we're gonna leave at eleven, honeybunch, okay?" jeongguk nods at namjoon's words, yawning once before he rolls off the bed, miles of tanned leg revealed by his (adorable) heart patterned boxers, mostly covered by his huge g-dragon tour t-shirt. rubbing at his eyes, jeongguk goes to the bathroom.

he's going to be around fifteen minutes, namjoon knows this, so he quickly goes to the kitchen and pulls out the recipe ryuho had given him for strawberry pancakes. jeongguk adores strawberries. finding the ingredients needed, namjoon sets to mixing batter, slicing strawberries, melting chocolate in the microwave, and finally placing the batter into the pan. despite what jimin says, he can cook.

jeongguk is still singing in the shower, voice just as gorgeous as it was when namjoon first heard it, singing a conan gray song with a lovely scratch in his voice from sleep. namjoon pours hot water into the two cups with honey and camomile teabags he'd prepared, flips the four pancakes onto two plates, and places all this onto the table. he feels proud of himself.

"joonie! it smells good out here!" jeongguk calls as he comes out of the bathroom, dressed in a sleeveless hoodie and shorts. "oh- oh wow!"

namjoon beams as jeongguk's face lights up, the young boy looking even younger, child-like, with a huge grin on his face. "you didn't have to do this!"

"if you think this is too much, wait till later," namjoon laughs, pulling out a chair for jeongguk before seating himself. "there's a whole lotta things i've got planned."