67: 134340/pluto / jinmin

134340/PLUTO

WORD COUNT 2.9k
OVERVIEW jimin and jin have similar music tastes, love coffee, and live one floor apart. ( look i kno i said yoonmin but this was The Only Thing tht actually came out lmao / coffee shop au, there's no actual romance just hints at a future relationship lmao )

PLAYLIST infatuation / brockhampton, comethru / jeremy zucker, americano / 10cm.

FLOWER PATTERNED WHITE converse tap a beat into marble stairways and fingers slide down a metal banister as a twenty year old races himself down the stairs of an apartment building. his footsteps echo loudly in the concrete space, all blocked out by the fizzy lemonade track bubbling in his tangled headphones, shoved into pierced ears as soon as he left the house.

"♪picking one lover's just like picking one daisy—i need at least a dozen in my DM's on the daily...♪" his feet skip across the last few stairs, landing smoothly on the ground and whipping his keys out from the pockets of his mom jeans. blowing candyfloss pink locks from his eyes, park jimin fumbles with his key in the lock before entering the outside world, full of the smell of exhaust fumes and wet tarmac from the autumn rain. shoving his keys back in, he adjusts the mint green kanken on his back and sets off away from the apartment complex, waving to a few neighbours he vaguely knows, a new song starting up in his headphones.

"♪you're no good for me, baby you're no good for me, you're no good for me, but baby i want you i want you...♪" a lana del rey classic has the candy boy bobbing his head to the bass, humming slightly. saturday's bring a welcoming morning, a promise of what's to come, and jimin hopes that that's true, because today he's studying for the three upcoming tests he has at college next week—biology, physics (primarily astrophysics related), and mathematics. with the taste of toothpaste fresh in his mouth, jimin pulls his stripy top back into shape, checking his reflection in a shop display window before running across the zebra lines imprinted on the road.

candy boy ducks his head and walks alone on the sidewalk, only one location in mind, the kanken heavy with schoolbooks and stationary; he's craving a nice cup of coffee and a sugar filled pastry, and he promises his gurgling stomach some release within the next ten minutes. turning a corner into an alleyway—shortcut—, he envisions the place he's headed to.

for the past month or so, jimin's been headed to the cutest little indie-aesthetic café he discovered on one of his many walks through his part of town; a hole in the wall place with a glowing red sign reading pluto on the door. jimin had walked in, out of pure curiosity, and fallen in love instantly: vinyl covers hung on the walls with albums both old and new on display, a record player and speaker system nestled together in the corner, retro pictures of celebrities scattered on the walls, multicoloured fairylights turning the ceiling into a spiderweb, and, rather that the usual table and chairs, mismatched armchairs and coffee tables were laid out, all old and cosy and just plain lovely. jimin especially loves the music played in the café, discovering that a barista gets to play their music taste after a game of rock, paper, scissors, and then at lunch they switch over to whoever got second place in the game.

the peachy boy steps into pluto and feels instantly calm, taking out his headphones and letting the sweet, mellow beat of a song consume him whole, the warmth of the café much appreciated after the autumn chill outside. chilly and full of content, jimin sets his things down on a cracked leather spinny chair right in the corner, walking up to the counter.

"♪why do you think i come round here on my free will? wasting all my precious time; oh, the truth spills out... and oh, i've told you now.♪"