32: thunderstorms / yoongguk

THUNDERSTORMS

WORD COUNT 1.1K
OVERVIEW three a.m, thunderstorms and tears ( OKAY IM BACK && this is like semi platonic yoongguk & i love them, also their age gap is just 2yrs rather than four bc yes )

PLAYLIST rain / bts, the good side / troye sivan, if you / bigbang

it's roughly three a.m when yoongi's phone rings.

the black haired man reaches his hand out, eyes not leaving his laptop screen as he hastily types with just four fingers, grabbing the device. he finishes the line of lyrics he was working on, and then picks up the phone with a yawn. he shouldn't be awake, he knows that, but this song is nearly finished and-

"h-hyung."

jeongguk's voice snaps him out of his music induced haze. although he only spoke one word, yoongi can hear the desperation laced in his voice. why is the boy awake at three a.m? (although jeongguk could ask him exactly the same). yoongi answers, careful, because he's know this boy since they were babies and he knows when he's upset.

"ggukkie?" it's a tender nickname, one yoongi's used for years because jeongguk is small and cute and it suits him and it rolls off the tongue easier than jeongguk. (it's totally not because yoongi thinks it's adorable when jeongguk blushes at being called it). "guk, why are you up?"

a hiccup comes from the other end of the line, quiet and sad, and yoongi's heart aches because this is jeongguk, the boy he's known for so so long. "thunderstorm," is jeongguk's only reply, and it's then that yoongi realises it's raining outside - scratch that, raining doesn't even cut it.

it's hammering outside, raindrops like bullets, and the thunder suddenly claps loudly, making yoongi jump. jeongguk whimpers gently, like he's making sure yoongi won't hear, but the older boy does because it's ggukkie, his ggukkie, and he notices everything about the darling boy.

"hyung, n-need you," jeongguk whimpers, scared and needy. yoongi knows this; he's always been there for jeongguk, through good times and bad. yoongi was there during jeongguk's first heartbreak, during jeongguk's first discovery of puberty and all things sex related - seeing as yoongi was fifteen and jeongguk was thirteen at the time, explaining it was very awkward -, during movie nights and depressed thoughts and getting drunk and sitting on rooftops and dancing in the rain. yoongi and jeongguk were inseparable, and that's why yoongi responded what he did.

"i'll be right there, gguk."

jeongguk's apartment is just five minutes away from yoongi's place, in the campus of the college yoongi never went to at sixteen, but he'll be damned if he's walking in this rain. his toyota land cruiser goes down the street like shit off a shovel, and he's chasing hell as he presses his foot to the gas. jeongguk needs him, and he will fucking be there for him because that's his best friend.

all the lights are off except for the one in jeongguk's apartment, and yoongi dashes up the driveway to the entryway. he rings jeongguk's buzzer, and a shakily breathed "hello?" answers him. "i'm here, gguk, i'm here." yoongi says, and that's all it takes for the door to be opened, and yoongi doesn't take the elevator because it's been broken for the past year and yeah his legs will suffer but it's all for jeongguk.

yoongi is panting heavily when he reaches jeongguk's door - goddamn he's unfit - and he raps on the dark wood once, twice, thrice, whispering to himself. "hyung's here, ggukkie," he whispers, hearing footsteps that make jeongguk's floorboards creak.

the door opens just a crack, and jeongguk's tear stained face peers out from the dorm. yoongi's heart strains a little at the expression on his ggukie's face, so delicate and hurt, and he quickly rushes inside, seeing how jeongguk flinches wildly at the loud clap of thunder outside.

"hyung," he whimpers, and yoongi instantly hugs him, holding the taller boy's shaking body tight. "th-thank you."

yoongi nods with a soft smile, cupping jeongguk's cheek in his hand when the younger pulls back, gently kissing his forehead. it's normal, this show of affection, it has been since they were kids, and jeongguk welcomes yoongi's kisses and gentle, whispered "i love you's" because all he wants is to feel like he's safe and being taken care of. he clings to yoongi, the two walking to jeongguk's bedroom/lounge with their arms around each other.

jeongguk lives in a shitty, small, cheap student apartment, with only three rooms, and a lounge that has become a bedsit with an unmade sofabed, a few of gguk's drawings pinned up on the walls - the only decoration - and all sorts of rubbish and junk all over the floor. but it's enough. jeongguk sometimes can't pay for his food because he has to pay for heating, but yoongi will always feed him and help him when he needs it.

yoongi and jeongguk lie down on the sofa bed, jeongguk's long limbs tangled around yoongi haphazardly as the rain hammers down outside and the thunder claps again. jeongguk shifts closer to yoongi, who carefully kisses his forehead and whispers reassuring words.

"ggukkie, 'm gonna play some music, distract you from the thunder," yoongi says, fumbling for his phone in his back pocket, and jeongguk nods, a smile somehow making it's way onto his handsome, handsome face. "what do you want?"

jeongguk shrugs, hair falling across his pillow, his long maroon t-shirt revealing his gorgeous collarbones. "that playlist taetae made," he mumbles. "the classical one."

yoongi knows the one, and connects his phone up to the cheap speaker on jeongguk's coffee table, bach beginning to play softly. he lies back down with jeongguk, yawning softly. "i'm glad you called me," he says, voice scratchy and calming. "never suffer in silence, ggukkie. i'm always here for you."

jeongguk visibly flinches again, and it isn't because of the thunder. yoongi cocks his head to the side, lips pouting in curiosity. "ggukkie?"

jeongguk trembles a little. it's like he's hiding something.

"gguk, tell me what's up..." yoongi carefully holds jeongguk's chin in his hand, making the younger look at him. jeongguk's bottom lip trembles, his doe eyes filling with crystal tears as he tries to restraint himself from breaking loose, and his voice is all stutters and jitters.

"h-hyung, i-i'm- i'm g-gay."

just like that, the floodgates open. and yoongi instantly does what his instincts tell him, wrapping his arms around him, because it's no problem, jeongguk is gay and so is yoongi, yoongi just never got round to telling him. he holds jeongguk tight as the younger crys into his shirt.

"shhh, shh, ggukkie, it's okay," yoongi whispers. "i'm gay as well... kinda forgot to tell you, i'm sorry, but it's okay."

jeongguk wipes at his tears. "it's- it's okay?" he asks, smile lighting up his face albeit the tears. .

"it's okay."

270318

woo procrastinating writing ts&tm for this

the new monsta x and stray kids albums are so good please stan talent !! i stayed at my mate's house just for the release heh

love you

- jace