25: californian baby / taegi

CALIFORNIAN BABY

WORD COUNT 800
OVERVIEW "next to you, the sky's more blue, in malibu"

PLAYLIST malibu / miley cyrus, untitled, 2014 / g-dragon, sweater weather / the neighbourhood

THERE WAS NOTHING MIN yoongi loved more than malibu, california. he loved the atmosphere of the bustling californian city, the beaches and the food, the people and the culture. he loved waking up in his apartment that overlooked the beach, with sunlight highlighting his home, he loved the bands he could go watch and the performances he could assist.

but, most of all, yoongi adored taehyung, the korean boy that yoongi had met two years ago, at a small italian place whilst having lunch. he was a waiter there, with the charm and handsome looks of a pure adonis god, his red hair neon bright and his skin a coffee bronze that yoongi loved to run his hands over. he had a voice like honey, his english smooth and suave when he asked yoongi for his order, and then he had sat down with yoongi while he ate his prawn pasta dish, conversing in soft korean.

now taehyung was a permanent fixture in yoongi's life; he slept in his beige sheeted bed, he sat on yoongi's sunlit balcony and listened to bach whilst reading novels that yoongi owned, getting to know his californian lover through the literature that he owned. it was days like that that yoongi would walk up behind him, link his arms around his neck and peck kisses to his shoulders and jawline, asking him questions in his deep daegu accent that they both shared.

days like that were abundant in their relationship. they consisted of creamy iced coffee and open mouthed kisses by candle light on that same balcony, of messed up hair and lips that tasted of caramel and fine pinot noir, of taehyung's classical records and yoongi's love of piano, taehyung lying across the top of the grand instrument as if he were a 1920's leading woman, singing along as yoongi played with delicate fingers. they consisted of long, long walks down undiscovered malibu streets and taehyung making love to yoongi when they got back, of yoongi wearing taehyung's long button downs while he made them breakfast, of taehyung pressing gentle fingers to yoongi's waist and pressing hot kisses to his jawline.

there were beach days too, sunny summer days, full of sea salt and mist and sandy sun-kissed bodies. these were days that taehyung dragged yoongi to the little unknown beach that he loved, a backpack full of cream-cheese & strawberry sandwiches, chocolate-orange cake and a bottle of sparkling white wine as a picnic, and they'd stay there until the sky dimmed and the stars were alight. taehyung lived for the stars and the sea, and so they'd dodge away from the tide coming in and sit on the clifftop and yoongi would listen to taehyung connecting the constellations and making up fairy tales, while yoongi kissed his collarbones and neck and cheeks and made him feel loved.

there were also sleepy, messy bedsheet days. when yoongi didn't want to leave his plush king sized bed with it's silk sheets, and taehyung was more than happy to accompany him, sitting shirtless in the sunlight with a book as he read aloud in english. those days were long, sleepy, consisting in chaste kisses and sleepy singing to each other, crawling out of bed at eight p.m to watch the sunset and see the stars appear as taehyung sang softly under his breath. those days, yoongi would observe the younger's face as he read, counting the freckles and moles that dotted across his sun-kissed glorious skin, and taehyung would pull him close and laugh softly when yoongi told him he'd been admiring the view.

there were many beautiful days in their relationship. the days they'd visit the artisan market together, hand in hand as taehyung pointed out rugs that would look lovely in their apartment, and yoongi paid for new paintings and new bedsheets for their bedroom, and taehyung would drag yoongi through the little record store on the outskirts of malibu that the two of them adored, and they'd purchase new records for the record player in their living room. yoongi adored those sunny market days, the straw hat on taehyung's head making him look like a kissable dork.

it was a beach day the day that taehyung had spoken softly, words gentle as he kneeled down on one knee, extracting a small box from the backpack full of picnic food. the ring had a sapphire, blue as the sky above them, and yoongi had wept and wept and smiled so wide that he thought his face might crack, throwing his arms around taehyung and pressing kisses to any available skin.

that day had been marvelous, the two going home and dancing to beethoven and mozart in each other's arms, sipping white wine and conversing about their now real future as the day faded to night, the waves still breaking on the shores of malibu, everything the same, yet so different.

i !!!! fucking !!!! love !!!!! taegi !!!!

this was lowkey inspired by the fic 'MALIBU' by thrussyoongi, malibu by miley cyrus, and my boyfriend saying that we're like taegi askffdss bITCH i'm not 😤 short 😤

i love y'all !!!

- jace