58: flower blossoms / taejin

FLOWER BLOSSOMS

WORD COUNT 4.4 k
OVERVIEW seokjin's hid his faerie side all his life, but when gloxinias bloom on a flower child, it certainly means something. ( inspired by euphoria by freckledstardust )

PLAYLIST euphoria / bts, bloom / troye sivan, baby / the rose

"FLAUNT IT BABY, flaunt it!"

seokjin giggled stupidly as his photographer yelled out encouragements, the glittery rainbow shorts he was wearing clinging to his thighs and sparkling as the photographer's camera flashed. they were alone in the studio, beautiful natural sunlight streaming in and bouncing off the white walls, seokjin's skin looking like honey. with a perfected model smile, seokjin poses, but the smile actually reached his eyes this time.

"alright, now," kim taehyung, queer times's best photographer– what an honour to be working with him– placed his camera down, glasses clumsily crooked on his nose and his light blonde hair messily wavy. he was nicely dressed; seokjin thought he looked pretty in his long striped button down and slacks, long fingers stained with black ink.

"seokjin– you wouldn't mind doing a few shots shirtless, right? with the flag wrapped around your shoulders?"

seokjin bit his lip, wondering about the question. he was no stranger to modeling, sure, but his body– he wasn't confident about it. his surgery scars, no matter how he covered them with tattoos, were ugly and horrible– he had been warned about that, of course he had, but the surgery was all he'd wanted since he was fifteen and hopeless, and finally, he'd had the money to do it.

"you don't have to, seokjin, i swear," taehyung said softly. he was so kind, for a stranger; he'd been shooting with transgender models all day, for the pride special of the magazine, and he understood their boundaries and whether or not they were comfortable with. the genderfluid model yoon jeonghan had insisted on not showing his upper thighs, while the nonbinary xu minghao covered his wrists with makeup and boo seungkwan was okay with walking around in a skirt but not in a dress. taehyung got that. he could see the apprehension in seokjin's caramel eyes, but the pinkette soon nodded.

"yeah. yeah, what's the worst that could happen?" seokjin grinned with a confident air. taehyung nodded and smiled his boxy smile, letting seokjin have his privacy as he changed into the next outfit.

the studio they were in was scented with gorgeous caramel candles, with a hint of the smell of pure sunlight. the room contained a few items of furniture– a chaise lounge in deep burgundy, a chest of drawers, lots of potted plants, very aesthetic– and was carpeted with soft lilac fabric, that felt nice under taehyung's bare feet. seokjin came out from behind the japanese-style screen, dressed in his new outfit.

taehyung's breath was knocked away from his lungs, as if he'd just been chucked down the stairs. it was quite simple, really; kim seokjin looked like a god, a god crafted from caramel skin tattooed with a whole garden of flowers, eyes that were stars stolen from the sky, lips as perfectly crafted as the inked rose petals that scattered across the small of his back. he was possibly one of the most attractive people taehyung had ever had the grace and pleasure of meeting; he never thought he'd so much as breathe the same air as the ethereal model.

seokjin stood in the middle of the room, his outfit simple. just black suit trousers, with white and red roses embroidered up the legs. his torso; that was what had taehyung feeling as if he'd fallen. yes, the top surgery scars he so hated were there, but to draw attention away from them, seokjin had a whole garden of beautiful petals inked across his skin. red roses, weeping petals, on the small of his back, wisteria winding its way around his left arm and circling his wrist, chrysanthemums blooming across his hipbones and flat stomach. a daisy chain looped around his right wrist, and buttercups accompanied by blue hydrangeas and red carnations bloomed up his arm. a small bunch of bluebells was inked behind his ear, which made taehyung chuckle. right above his heart, the most detailed flower rested.