78: meet the parents / jinmin [🎄]

MEET THE
PARENTS

WORD COUNT 2.6K
OVERVIEW "repressed city gay meets his boyfriends hemp wearing hippie parents and has never felt more at home" ( jswhwjwj this ones cYOOT 3/3 of bangtanmas i hope u like!!! )

🎄🎄🎄

STEAM FROM THE TOP OF a soy milk latté fogs up the small man's glasses, a sweet blend of baking goods and coffee filling the air as he sits in his local starbucks, surrounded by motion and conversation. he blocks out the noise with apple headphones, blasting a soundtrack of christmas albums into his mind, visions of jingle bells and fairy lights flooding his brain as he checks the news.

the morning commute is always the same for jimin; wake up at seven, get the tube at seven thirty, get to his job as a graphic designer at eight, work until five. he's a classic seoulite, a tired millennium born kid with dreams, born and bred in the city.

sparkling lights outside and frost on the window make him feel more relaxed, having finished his day at work. the tube station's starbucks is small yet crowded, and once he finishes the news, jimin stands up and goes outside to wait for the five fifteen tube, which'll take him to his apartment and into his love's arms.

jimin smiles into the blue material of his scarf when a text from said love appears on his phone screen, numb fingers clicking it open. seokjin's sent a selfie of him blowing a kiss — his classic pose, making jimin laugh softly — and below it a quick text.

seokseok 💘💕: hey baby!!! hope work went well :) there's veggie moussaka for dinner, your fave, & i bought some really nice white wine. love u 💕💓💞💘

jimin grins widely. he really does have the nicest boyfriend on the world, he must — seokjin's a complete sweetheart. jimin's never known anyone with a heart so big and a smile so bright, a soul so pure and an attitude so positive. with a soft smile resting on his face, he steps onto his train and texts seokjin back, finding a seat because his legs are weary.

soft RnB plays in jimin's headphones as he closes his eyes and leans his head to the side, exhausted. he can't wait to be home with seokjin, maybe take a nice bath and have a nice night of wine and movies. that's the dream, after a long day of work; a happy evening with the man he loves.

"i'm home!" jimin announces as he walks into the coziness of their loft apartment, inhaling the smell of flower scented candles and delicious cooking, taking off his heavy winter clothing. their home is pleasantly warm, and always full of comfort. jimin's greeted by their small french bulldog bastard — seokjin's name choice, not jimin's —, who nips at his jeans and licks his hand when jimin scratches him behind the ears, and a soft call from seokjin.

"hey!" seokjin smiles, looking over from the kitchen. the loft's open plan, all exposed brick, hardwood floors and tall ceilings, on jimin's request, and the kitchen's made from lovely deep brown wood and industrial looking stainless steel, the shelves filled with seokjin's supplies. jimin supposes he's pretty lucky to have a boyfriend who's a professional chef, as well as being one of the greatest humans he's ever met. seokjin's holding a wine glass full of their favorite brand, fontainebleau, and he walks over to kiss jimin. "good day?" he asks, whilst jimin sits at the table, stretching.

"mmhm!" the younger smiles, hiding a yawn behind his hand. "yeah, mr moon was very happy with the demo designs we showed him for the new game, and he keeps hinting at a promotion. maybe i'll get lucky."

"course you will, petal," seokjin pours out a glass for jimin, standing behind him and doing that classic spouse thing of massaging his shoulders, jimin relaxing instantly.