66: growing pains / 2seok

GROWING PAINS
( part 2 )

WORD COUNT 3.5k
OVERVIEW teenage paradise rises once again ( warnings underage drinking ig, making out ooooo )

PLAYLIST better now / post malone, dance to this / troye sivan and ariana grande, generation why / conan grey, anyone else but you / the moldy peaches.

OUR PRETTY BOY protagonist is dancing, dancing with his hands up above his head and his mind shot with whiskey and cold beer, eyes dazzling with purple strobe lights. he's between the goth girls and some band members, yoongi and jimin dirty dancing on linoleum floors, jisoo and jeongguk dancing like friends do at parties. the song playing is some pumped up insane remix of better now by post malone, teenagers jumping to the beat like it's all they know.

seokjin spins around dramatically, laughing stupidly and drunkenly as he knocks into a broad muscled back, the person turning. 'king' hoseok's bright orange hair shines in the lights zinging around the room like shooting stars, his plump bubblegum lips stretched into a tipsy smile, the tanned muscle of his arms making seokjin's drunken mind spin. the brunette apologises, slurring, but the athlete just laughs. "you're cute," he says, smiles blooming on both their faces. his arms link around seokjin's waist and the pretty boy is floating on thin air.

"it's seokjin, right?!" hoseok whisper-yells over the music into seokjin's ear, lips catching on the dangling silver accessories. seokjin nods, hands on hoseok's sculpted hips. "thought you were with chaeyong?"

"'s not working out!" seokjin yells back, and the two of them are so close he can smell a citrus scent that can only be hoseok's cologne, mingled with sweat and spilled budweiser beer on his black t-shirt. sweat pools in their collarbones and on their foreheads, and under the purple lights, hoseok looks like dynamite and seokjin wants those lips on his. the athlete is smiling, drunkenly enamoured, their feet stumbling over one another. "d'you wanna drink?" seokjin asks loudly, as so high by blackbear begins to pound through the walls. hoseok nods.

seokjin's sweating palm encases his and they drag themselves to the pool area, where a couple of the foreign table have dived into the turquoise water, lee chan furiously making out with lalisa "everyone from thailand is hot, it's just facts" manoban while their shirts stick to their skin. seeing as the majority of people are inside, the bar's pretty empty, so seokjin searches for good alcohol rather than cheap shit. "what do you drink?" he asks hoseok, glad they don't have to yell anymore. the redhead had been entranced by how seokjin looks in the turquoise rippled light of the pool, but he snaps out of it.

"oh, i'll take vodka or tequila, even just beer." the basketball player lazily grins, seokjin's heart pounding and his BPM increasing rapidly. he grabs two bottles of lukewarm sweating beer, although he's not much of a fan of it, and tosses one to hoseok, who thanks him. seokjin's buzzing; he might actually have a chance with the athlete boy, and when hoseok sits down and pulls him onto his lap, his heart skips several beats and his grin widens tenfold, golden flecks in his eyes. hoseok opens the beer, but seokjin goes the extra mile, in an attempt to be attractive, and opens it with his teeth. hoseok chuckles when the starshine boy spits the cap out, downing a mouthful of the green bottled heineken.

"that's quite a skill," hoseok chuckles, swigging down a mouthful with a cheerful grin. his hand is resting on seokjin's hip, left bare by his now untucked shirt, and fireworks seem to explode at every point of contact between the boys. "where'd you learn that?"

"wouldn't you like to know?" seokjin says flirtily, and hoseok laughs. they're both tipsy and happy under the light polluted purple skies of their town, and seokjin wants nothing more than to slam their lips together but he can't just yet.