10: english boys / namgi

ENGLISH BOYS
( part one )

WORD COUNT 1.5K
OVERVIEW namjoon's class has an american transfer student, and namjoon, as the best english speaker, has to help him out.
( when a characters speech is italicized, they're speaking in english ) ( this is cliché yawn )

     NAMJOON YAWNED LAZILY as he walked into his first class of the morning, waving a hello to his teacher. his english class was one of his favourites - not just because he was exceedingly good at it - and he had easily befriended the teacher, a kind korean-jamaican woman named lim minji, who spoke four languages, owned three cats and lived with her two girlfriends, who namjoon had had the pleasure of meeting before.

"good morning, miss." he said in accented english. the classroom was empty - namjoon was early, as always - and namjoon hummed as he took his regular seat by the window. he enjoyed his college a lot; he was majoring in music and philosophy, and minoring in language and literature, and he got along well with his classmates and teachers.

"good morning mr. kim," miss lim smiled, organising her desk. she dressed warm in the winter chill, in a huge knitted sweater and jeans that hugged her curvy figure nicely, her glasses slightly askew on her nose and her long dreadlocks tied into a bun. she was a picture perfect teacher, right down to the pencil stuck in her bun. "how are you this morning?"

"i'm good, thank you, and you?" namjoon responded, his language skills never faltering.

"i'm good too," she grinned. "my girlfriend kangdae's birthday is today! jala and i are taking her out for dinner as a surprise tonight."

"ah, sounds fun!" namjoon grinned lazily. "tell her happy birthday from me."

"i will," miss lim assured, as the rest of the class began to walk in. namjoon's best friend and cousin, kim taehyung, plopped down in the seat next to him on the table for two, taking his things out of his back and saying a quick 'hello hyung' to namjoon.

as everyone was getting organised, namjoon spotted a boy stood at the door. he had fading mint green hair, and wore all black, the only colour being the patches on his leather jacket. he was pretty short - then again, anyone below five foot ten was short to namjoon - and he lent against the doorframe, nibbling his bottom lip. a new student? this could be interesting, namjoon thought.

"good morning class!" miss lim called, in korean.

"good morning." the class chorused in english, like every lesson. miss lim began to write the date on the board, and then she turned back around, a smile always on her face.

"so, guys, we have a new student," she announced. "i know it's not unusual for this college to have transfer students," she gestured to the chinese transfer, jackson, and to the thai and australian transfers, kunpimook, lalisa and felix. "but this time we have a student from america. min yoongi, come over here, please."

the mint haired boy - yoongi - walked over, looking a bit overwhelmed at all the stares he was receiving. namjoon thought he was pretty cute, even with the bags under his eyes and his slightly bruised knuckles. miss lim spoke to him in english, quietly, before turning to her class.

"mr. min, please introduce yourself." miss lim asked yoongi. the mint boy nodded.

"um, hi, i'm min yoongi, i'm twenty one and... um, i can't really speak korean." he stuttered out in a messy korean, his voice deep and absolutely adorable.