43: lost boy / taegiseok

LOST BOY
( part 2 )

WORD COUNT 1.5K
OVERVIEW taehyung needs to be okay. just for them. ( trigger warnings: depression, eating disorders, self harm )

PLAYLIST singularity / kth, stigma / kth, all of my life (cover) / jjk

TWO BOYFRIENDS SAT ON the sofa of their apartment. one of them was in the kitchen, cooking lunch. it was taehyung's first day of living with yoongi and hoseok.

the boys had had a long heart to heart the night after the confession. sat in hoseok and yoongi's big double bed, the older two had explained everything to taehyung. they had both liked tae for a while; hoseok for longer, as he'd known taehyung longer than yoongi had, but yoongi had been more ashamed to admit it to hoseok. he didn't want to feel like he was cheating on hoseok, but when his boyfriend had ashamedly admitted to his crush on taehyung, secrets were spilled.

taehyung had learned that everything that had happened that day had been planned. yoongi's phone call: planned. yoongi kissing taehyung in the bathroom: planned. taehyung's head was spinning; everything seemed unreal, the whole situation seemed like a daydream, but it was happening.

it was with heavy breaths and shaking hands that taehyung shared his first proper kiss with both of the boys. hoseok was warm; his lips were warm, soft, and his hands rested on taehyung's hips, thumbs brushing up under his sweatshirt. kissing hoseok was like lying under warm blankets on a sunday, knowing you don't have to get out until you feel like it. yoongi, on the other hand, was sweet; his lips tasted of the vanilla coke lip balm he'd used since taehyung had met him, plump and smooth, and his bony fingers had held the sides of taehyung's face. kissing yoongi was like sitting in an art gallery and drinking a cup of sugary tea, appreciating everything around you.

taehyung wondered if he was finally in love. he wondered that a lot, since that night. they'd all fallen asleep together, a tangle of long limbs and awkward angles in soft feather down bedsheets. taehyung felt something unknown bloom in his chest that night; he didn't sleep at the same time that they did, instead laying there and listening to his boyfriends breathing as it slowed down.

maybe he was in love.

but they didn't know the whole story of taehyung. they'd didn't know the depression, the eating disorder, the far too angular cuts on the tops of his thighs, the fact that he felt worthless nearly everyday of his life. and he was afraid to tell them. because surely that would stop them from loving him. that would put a stop to it, surely.

so he kept his mouth shut. kept throwing up after the meals yoongi and hoseok made, ran a razorblade over his thighs twice in one week, weighed himself and was happy when he realised he was under the average weight, admiring the hipbones that stuck out, the way he could run his fingers over his ribs like a xylophone.

no guilt was felt.

"taehyungie?" hoseok spoke with delicacy, his hand resting on taehyung's leg. taehyung thanked himself for wearing baggy jogging bottoms and sweatshirt, hiding the bony mess of his body. he wouldn't hurt hoseok and yoongi in that way; burdening them.

"yeah?" he responded, his eyes straying from the show he and hoseok had been watching. hoseok's eyes were honey brown, soft, loving.

"yoongi and i were thinking about going out for dinner with you tonight. italian. do you fancy it?" he smiled, all handsome and amazing, something taehyung was unworthy of. he didn't deserve this walking angel.