12: clumsy / jikook

CLUMSY

WORD COUNT 1.4K
OVERVIEW jeongguk's soulmate is really clumsy, and apparently he is too ( soulmate au )

PLAYLIST touch / nct 127, DNA / bts, thanks / seventeen

     JEONGGUK WAS CONVINCED of two things. one: that he would never find his soulmate; two: his soulmate was really fucking clumsy.

everyday he woke up with new bruises scattered over his legs and arms, and once - quite strangely - a mark right in the middle of his forehead, that jeongguk had to cover with his fringe for the rest of the day. he rarely bruised himself, being someone who actually had control of whether he tripped or banged into things, but his soulmate was a different matter entirely. he, because jeongguk was gay, and he was convinced that his soulmate was a boy, must've been the kind of person who didn't remember how gangly or tall they were, and bumped into stuff easily.

jeongguk sighed as he got out of bed and saw a new bruise form on his calf, a red mark that jeongguk suspected had come from bumping into the edge of a table or something. if he didn't know better, he'd suspect that namjoon was his soulmate; that boy could trip over when standing straight. but namjoon was with the boy who worked at the coffee shop below his apartment, a small black haired boy named yoongi. they had met when yoongi got his first tattoo, at the exact place namjoon worked at. the grape haired boy had noticed the large scar that both the boys had on their right arm, just as he touched the needle to yoongi's skin. they were a cute couple, both slightly punk and completely adorable. jeongguk had no clue who his soulmate was, and he was really, really annoyed.

jeongguk got dressed quickly, throwing a flannel shirt and a warm hoodie over his long sleeve he slept in, and changing from pajama bottoms into jeans. he ran a hand through his pink highlighted hair, and glanced at the clock. shit. five minutes to get to work. namjoon would skin him alive if he was late.

jeongguk laced up his converse at lightening speed and raced out of his door, not bothering with coffee or breakfast. he could eat in his first break, it wasn't a big deal. he practically flew down the two sets of stairs, out of the door of his apartment building, and then he just had to navigate the carpark, turn a corner, and of course something had to go wrong.

jungkook slipped on some ice and ran right into a small, pink haired boy, and knocked him into the pavement.

"shit, fuck, i'm sorry!" jeongguk spilled a load of swear words as the two tumbled to the pavement, practically crushing the small boy underneath him. the pink haired boy had his hands against jeongguk's chest, preventing them from bashing their heads together. he shivered; the pavement was freezing. it was the middle of december, after all. christmas was only five days away, and it showed by the amount of frost and snow on the ground.

jeongguk stood up and pulled the smaller boy up with him, teeth chattering with the cold. "i-i'm sorry, dude, i didn't see you."

"it's alright," the boy - jeongguk decided to nickname him 'pinky' - responded. "late to work?"

"yeah," jeongguk shrugged apologetically, realising he was right in front of the tattoo parlour. "do you wanna come in? you're probably freezing."

pinky nodded gratefully, and jeongguk opened the door into the very festive looking dragon tattoos and piercing parlour, fairylights strung up around the walls and assorted christmas decorations scattered around. namjoon stood on a stepladder, hanging up a wreath above the tattoo samples, and it did look quite funny to jeongguk, considering namjoon was a six foot, purple haired and tattoo covered twenty two year old, and he was hanging up christmas decorations like a kid.