07: stargazing and elvis / vhope

STARGAZING
& ELVIS

WORD COUNT 1.3K
OVERVIEW taehyung's had both a fascination with space and crush on his boss for seemingly forever. hoseok's had a crush on taehyung and a love for rock for around the same time.

PLAYLIST all the stars / ed sheeran, can't help falling in love / elvis

    KIM TAEHYUNG SAT on the balcony of his apartment. a telescope was set up beside him and a blanket was around his shoulders, and his headphones were on as he observed constellations and planets, jotting down names in his galaxy patterned notebook. his feet dangled in between the iron fence on the balcony, bare feet tickled by the late night wind. his brown hair blew into his face slightly, but he continued stargazing, in his planet patterned hoodie and black sweatpants.

taehyung had had a fascination with space since he was eight years old, and his mother returned from one of her business trips with a book for him; it was a hundred pages long, and contained the most amazing pictures of planets, constellations, supernovas and stars, and little eight year old taehyung had read and reread every page, fascinated.

through the years, he got more and more interested in space. when he was fourteen, he was thoroughly invested in the idea that aliens existed, and he had the highest grade in his physics class the minute they started learning about space. when he turned sixteen, he received a telescope from his great grandpa, and it was the exact same one that sat next to him that night.

taehyung had wanted to go on and study astrology in university, having majored in it in college (with a minor in music and dance), but he didn't have the money, and now, at twenty two, he lived in busan, working at a cafe in the week and stargazing on weekends. he loved his life: he had one good friend, a bouncy dark haired boy named jimin, and he also was close with his boss, jung hoseok, who made taehyung smile, with his strange music taste and love of drawing; he had a lovely apartment, he was planning on getting a cat, and life just generally was good for him.

taehyung checked his watch, seeing that it was 11:56. he had work the next day, so he stood up, blanket around his shoulders as he folded up the old telescope with the most gentle touch, taking it back inside. he unplugged his headphones and turned off the lights in his apartment, heading to his room. he climbed into his bed, content, snuggling under his planet patterned covers and falling asleep easily.

jung hoseok seemed to smile from the minute he woke up to the minute he went to sleep. it wasn't true, of course, but he was known as a very cheerful person that people liked to be around.

hoseok owned a retro themed café, all 50s themed, with blown up album art, pictures of famous rock n rollers and his own drawings lining the walls, and music always playing. he had loved old music for years, thanks to his aunt, who had introduced thirteen year old hoseok to american artists like elvis and prince, and later michael jackson and george michael. hoseok grew to have a love of hiphop, classic rock and rap, his tastes ranging from queen to elvis and right back to kendrick lamar. he loved older artists, though, and would've killed to see the beatles or elvis live.

hoseok opened his café (aptly named retro arcade) at 9:00 a.m. sharp, yawning as he began to turn on the lights and start up the sound system, shuffling his café playlist he'd compose every weekend and making himself a coffee before he started the day. his three employees would show up at half past, bright eyed and ready to begin.