59: you're a peach / taejoon

YOU'RE A
PEACH 🍑

WORD COUNT 2.4k
OVERVIEW the new housekeeper at taehyung's father's house in italy isn't what he was expecting. ( feminine!taehyung, inspired by the aesthetic of the film call me by your name & the song summer by brockhampton. )

PLAYLIST summer / brockhampton, honey / kehlani, swimming pools / troye sivan.

TAEHYUNG FEELS PRETTY. he feels pretty in lace and bright white silk, he feels pretty with sunlight bouncing off his face like it's a broken window, he feels pretty with a cup of chamomile clutched in his hand as he watches the sun rise delicately over the hills of the beautiful roman town he so adores. his father's villa in italy is so perfect, and he's lucky enough to be here without his parents.

his lace adorned white shirt ripples in the early morning breeze, tainted with the smell of vineyards and sea salt, like ancient gods carried on the wind. taehyung watches cobbled streets begin to get active, watches the sun flood the courtyard with the aquamarine pool and the luscious greenhouse; the whole house is old, you can tell from the décor, old and used and wondrously homely. taehyung loves sitting on this little balcony, like juliet awaiting her romeo, watching the morning unfurl.

standing up, his grey shorts let cold air onto his tanned legs, and taehyung admires himself in a full length mirror. hair like obsidian, messy as a crow's nest — still stylish — rests just above his eyebrows, and his tanned face, features cut from rock, has freckles and moles painted into it. he walks through his bedroom, tiled floors cold against the soles of his feet, and he regards the slight disorganization of it all, but can't be bothered to pick it up. what he really fancies at eight a.m is breakfast, so he makes his way down to the wonderful kitchen.

"senhora flora!" he greets the elderly housekeeper, his nanny growing up, with a wide grin and almost fluent italian rolling off his tongue. flora smiles widely and embraces him, as she hadn't seen the boy when he arrived the day before. "ah, flora, you look better every time i see you."

"tata, you flatter your nanny," flora chuckles, her strong hands covered in flour. she's just come from the bakery, and the smell of fresh loaves drifts through the air, taehyung's mouth watering. "bread and presunto for breakfast?"

"would i ever say no?" taehyung chuckles, sitting on one of the stools at the table. flora doesn't comment on his somewhat girlish outfit, rather she's wondering how a boy can pull off a lace vest that well. she cuts steaming bread, lets thick slabs of butter melt on it, and layers it with thick smokey ham, sundried tomatoes hidden in there like treasure — taehyung's favourite since he was little. italian coffee gets poured into bright white cups, smelling strongly of sweet vanilla and cream, and taehyung's childhood seems to return as he sits in the rustic wooden kitchen, herbs hanging from the dark rafters over his head, crossing his legs under the table and smiling gently at mrs flora.

"back in rome, tete," flora grins, her face like an ancient map, mediterranean skin coloured cinnamon and eyes dark and twinkling. taehyung's korean name is too hard for her to pronounce, and over the years while she taught him italian, she called him variations of 'tete' or 'tae'. he loves how it makes it different from being in korea. "are you happy to be here?"

"always," taehyung smiles, biting into the hot breakfast bread and groaning as he savours the taste, hot and buttery and smokey — the taste of his childhood in rome. with a smile, he looks at the greenery that hangs over the giant aqua blue swimming pool, where he'll spend the majority of his day perched on a pool chair drinking wine and reading. "has dad hired any more staff while i've not been here?"