Imagine 3 (extremely unedited)

Lee Jihoon

happy thanksgiving! or at least an interesting thanksgiving, given that you're bringing your korean idol boyfriend to meet the conservative family for the first time...

Jihoon's head rested on your shoulder, his breathing soft and even.

"Jihoon," you murmured. "My friend's car just pulled up, you can stop pretending to sleep."

He sat up, let out a small whine, and started gathering your bags. "I wasn't pretending," he protested, handing you your purse and refusing to give you the handle of your suitcase.

You smiled as your friend jumped out of her car, hugging you tightly. "Hey there!"

Your friend pulled away and looked you up and down with a huge smile. "Girl, look at you!" she crowed. "You got better clothes, you got a boyfriend, look at you!"

You laughed, slapping her shoulder. "This is my boyfriend, Jihoon," you introduced, indicating him.

He reached out awkwardly for a handshake as she introduced herself. "Uh, I'm... I'm so happy to, uh, to see you?" he stuttered in his adorable accent. "Very... very nice to be here."

"It's nice to have you!" she responded, and  you breathed a sigh of relief as she didn't draw attention to his stumbling english. "You would not believe the stuff y/n has told me about you."

She turned to you as Jihoon let out an awkward laugh, giving you a huge grin. "Well, why don't you two load up? I'll drop you at your family's place and bring your stuff home."

You grimaced as you repeated it to Jihoon in Korean, then turned back. "All right, let's do this."

*****

You knocked on the front door, biting your lip nervously.

Jihoon's hand found yours as the door opened, revealing your cousin.

"Y/n!!" he yelled, grabbing you in a hug. "You're here, you're finally here!"

You chuckled awkwardly, patting his back. "Uh, yeah, I'm here. Are we the last to arrive?"

He nodded, stepping aside to let you in. "Is this the famous boyfriend?"

Jihoon ducked his head in a half nod, half bow. "Yes, I'm Jihoon."

Your cousin grinned as you two entered, and  before you could  stop him, let out an earsplitting yell. "HEY, Y/N AND HER BOYFRIEND ARE HERE!"

You were promptly mobbed by three small children, all hugging you tightly and yelling.

"You're really here!"

"Who's this guy?"

"Are you two married?"

"What, no!" you exclaimed, blushing profusely. "He's my boyfriend."

They flocked to him next, shrieking about various things — his height, his "funny" clothes, his earring.

He shot you a pleading look, awkwardly patting the head of the four-year-old wrapped around his waist.

*****

Jihoon's hand squeezed yours as he stared at the table, eyes wide and mouth gaping slightly. "There's so much," he whispered in Korean.

You smiled, squeezing his hand back. "Brace yourself — it's interrogation time."

He looked up with a vaguely terrified  expression. "Huh?"

"So, uh — Jihoon, was it?"

He snapped his head up, searching for the source of the questioning voice. "Ah — yes?"

"You're a singer, right?"

He nodded, scratching at his wrist. "Yes — and I compose... write lyrics... and dance."

The interrogation continued for what seemed like forever, Jihoon getting visibly more uncomfortable as he picked at his food, trying  not to meet people's eyes.

Then one of your aunts sighed disapprovingly. "I don't know, y/n," she said. "This boy doesn't seem to be able to take care of you properly. And you know celebrities — so flighty, having a scandal every two weeks, it seems!"

Your jaw dropped. "Aunt—"

Jihoon stood up so fast his chair fell over, his breathing ragged and chest heaving like you had never seen. His face was flushed scarlet — from rage or embarrassment, you couldn't tell.

"I..." he panted. "I can never... never think to hurt y/n." Frustrated at his own faltering english, he let out a huff and launched into a long string of Korean.

You covered your mouth with your hands, covering your massive smile and blush as he ranted passionately.

"What is he saying?" the cousin next to you whispered.

You lowered your hands and wiped a few tears away before translating aloud.

"I love her with my whole heart — sometimes I can't even sleep at night because I keep smiling at her messages.You're right, I don't deserve her — but not because I'm lacking. It's because she's the kind of person you only find once in your lifetime. I feel so stupid trying to explain how much I love her. Everything I can give her, I will. Other girls don't even exist when I have her."

Jihoon smiled down at you, then reached over to take both your hands in his and pull you close.

"She... she is..." He sighed, slowly lacing his fingers with yours. "Y/n... how do you say..." He whispered in your ear, leaning his head against yours.

You blushed deeply, but answered anyway.

Jihoon smiled, giving you a small kiss on the cheek. "She's my other half, and I can't live without her."

Complete silence, then applause from one  of your older cousins. "Well, nicely done, we've had our share of drama for the night, all doubts about Sir Jihoon Lee are eased — can we get back to dinner now?"

You let out an awkward laugh as you sat back down, Jihoon still holding your hand as he bent to right his chair.

"Not good at expressing your emotions, huh?" you teased lightly, nudging his shoulder.

"Unless it means defending our relationship... yes, I'm awful at it," he responded with a deadpan expression. "But for you, anything."

*****

"Thanks for having us, mom," you murmured, hugging her. "Sorry about the fuss."

She laughed, hugging back. "Are you kidding? I was about to fight for you two, but Jihoon beat me to it."

Jihoon smiled as he gave her a polite bow. "Thank you so much... it was very good to be here."

He took your hand again as you climbed into your friend's car, leaning his head on your shoulder. "Now can I sleep?" he asked quietly, not even waiting for an answer before closing his eyes.

_________________

1k words wowowow that's a lot,,

also late and unedited, I apologise,, I tried,, I've never experienced bringing a boyfriend to thanksgiving before so I'm a little uneducated.

thanks for reading!