Christmas With Seventeen - Vernon

You leaned your head on Vernon's shoulder, wrapping your arms around his waist. "Why are you sad?" you murmured. "It's four days till Christmas, you should be happy."

Vernon sighed, resting his hands on yours. "I miss my family," he confessed. "Mom and Dad and Sofia went to New York to visit Mom's family there for the holidays." He closed his eyes and leaned his head against yours. "I couldn't go, and I... I really miss them."

You hummed a quiet acknowledgement, rubbing his stomach in what you hoped was a comforting way. "If there's anything I can do to help, just name it, okay?"

Vernon smiled softly. "I will."

You cornered Seungkwan later in the day, dragging him off to a quiet corner.

"What are you doing?" he asked, freeing himself. "What?"

You sighed, stuffing your hands in the pockets of the hoodie you'd stolen from Vernon that morning. "I need to know if Hansol's ever talked to you guys about Christmas traditions his family might have had."

Seungkwan's face softened, and he nodded, looking around the area. "Well..."

You found Vernon Skyping his family when you came in, laden with supplies for the things Seungkwan had told you about.

"Hey, Hansol," you called, successfully divesting yourself of the bags.

He turned to you, a big, if slightly wistful smile on his face. "Hey, y/n, where were you? Mom and Sofia wanted to say hi to you."

You slid in next to him, grinning. "Hey, Sofia, hey, Mrs. Chwe. How's New York? Don't worry, I'm looking after your boy."

"How're you supposed to look after him when you're gone for an hour?" Sofia asked teasingly.

You settled your hand on top of Vernon's, giving her a small smile. "I was just getting a piece of home for him... I heard you guys used to make fairly excellent gingerbread men."

Vernon's head snapped toward you, an amazed smile spreading across his face. "You what?"

"I should let you go, then," Vernon's mom said, trying to hide a slightly sly smile. "Good luck with your own gingerbread men!"

When the call ended, Vernon turned to you with that giant grin still on his face. "We're making gingerbread men? I thought I was banned from using the oven."

You smiled, leaning in to kiss his cheek. "You got it. Don't worry, I'll do all the oven-related stuff."

He bounded out of his chair and into the kitchen, exclaiming excitedly over the contents of the bags.

"You even got stuff for icing!" he yelled.

"Considering as you got yourself banned from using the oven, I had to!"

Vernon looked up, his big, stupid, beautiful smile still on his face. "You really didn't have to do this, you know," he managed, half laughing.

You shrugged. "How could I let anyone be so sad and lonely on Christmas? Of course I had to."

_________________

hansol vernon chwe is a bean pass it on he's so lovely and I love him