Thirteen Cursed Princes; ending 1

JISOO

You held Jisoo's hand tightly as you knocked on the door of the king's study; despite the late hour, you knew he would be awake, worrying for his sons.

"Come in," the king's tired voice called.

You entered, smiling at the way the king's face lit up when he saw Jisoo.

"Are they safe?" the king asked, obviously struggling to keep his composure.

"All of them safe and relatively unharmed," you affirmed. "Chan sustained a small cut and some bruising, but nothing serious, and he's the only one who was hurt."

"Where were they?"

You reached into your pocket and laid out the golden cup, silver twig, and a faerie's hairpin on the king's desk. "They were being held captive in the faerie queen's court, for some insult your wife gave the queen." You scanned his face carefully. "Thankfully, the curse is broken, and they need not go there any longer."

"How did you know how to save them?" the king asked quietly.

You hesitated, and Jisoo squeezed your hand comfortingly. "I was a changeling," you admitted. "I was raised in the faerie court for thirteen years of my life."

"Both her curse and ours are broken," Jisoo spoke up. "Father, you know how curses are broken..."

The king nodded, observing the objects on his desk carefully. "Well, Miss y/n, I have to reward you, as I promised," he said at length. "And from the looks of things, you've already decided what reward you'd like."

You blushed deeply, making Jisoo laugh.

"Go," the king said warmly. "Get some rest. Heaven knows it will be our first true rest in years..."

——

It was a month before Jisoo sought you out alone, a long month of recovery from the trauma brought by being a human in the faerie court.

He found you in the gardens one morning, underneath a huge trellis of roses.

"Y/n, we need to talk," he said quietly. "Will you... will you come inside with me?"

"We really do," you agreed as you followed him. "Where to?"

"I have a private study in the south wing," Jisoo explained. "Everyone knows not to intrude."

His study was bright and airy, with an open east-facing glass door and a balcony bedecked with vines of ivy, roses and morning glory. The interior was sparsely furnished with only a few bookshelves, a desk and chair, several large cushions strewn over the rug, and a stand that bore a beautiful guitar.

To your surprise, Jisoo sat down on one of the cushions, patting another invitingly.

"So... about this whole true love thing," he began hesitantly as you sat down. "I just want you to know that I —"

"It's perfectly okay if you're not ready to take it any further than what we already have," you interrupted, raising one hand to halt him. "I understand."

Jisoo smiled, letting out a slight laugh. "No, that's not what I was going to say at all," he admitted. "In fact, quite the opposite."

He scooted his cushion closer to yours, his tongue darting out to wet his lips. "Y/n. I haven't known you for long, but in that short time, I found myself falling in love." He laughed, his beautiful eyes sparkling. "I'm so happy to know you, and so thankful for everything you've done for me and my brothers."

You held back a gasp as Jisoo fumbled in his pocket and turned up a carved wooden box.

Jisoo took in a shaky breath before speaking again. "I would be honoured if you would consent to be my wife."

You could only nod as he revealed the ring; a gold band set with three sparkling diamonds.

He slid it onto your finger gently, smiling as he pulled his hand away, and laid a small kiss on your knuckles. "I love you," he murmured.

——

It wasn't until another month had passed that a date was finally set for your wedding, six months later. You complained, but as Jisoo informed you, a royal wedding was no small occasion, and if anyone was left without an invitation, there would be diplomatic repercussions.

Six months was shorter than you thought, though, and soon you found Jisoo carrying you into the garden where your reception was held.

"You're late to your own wedding," Seungcheol called, grinning. "Should've expected it from you two; you take forever to do anything."

"It's not like we lost anything by being late," Jisoo teased right back, setting you down gently.

"No, but you made us sit through old Great-Aunt Something-Or-Other waxing poetic about how happy she is to have the first of her great-nephews married," Jeonghan grumbled as he meandered over. "I swear, she's horrid." The third of the set raked his fingers through his long hair in frustration, glaring half heartedly at Jisoo. "I'm going to get you back for that."

You and Jisoo laughed in unison, much to the disgruntlement of the other two triplets.

Several hours, countless kisses, and a beautiful sunset later, you and Jisoo were sitting alone on the balcony of his study, looking up at the full moon.

"I'm glad there was no dancing," Jisoo admitted. "Being forced into it every week for over a year sort of ruined the fun."

"Tell that to Soonyoung," you murmured, your head leaning against his shoulder. "He seems to still have a passion for dance."

"Yes, and I'm glad for him," Jisoo acknowledged. He smiled fondly at you, and brought up a hand to toy with your hair. "Thank you."

"For what?" you asked, looking up at him.

"Everything," Jisoo replied simply, and ducked his head to kiss you.

The kiss was soft, yet passionate; a hundred times more intense than your first, over eight months ago now, and yet so much gentler.

"I love you," you whispered as the kiss broke. "Forever."

"And I love you, y/n," Jisoo replied, tucking a stray lock of hair behind your ear.

The moon was full and the stars bright, all your curses were broken, and you were hopelessly, desperately in love with Jisoo.

And you always would be.

_________________

hello!

the beginning of each ending (up to the first "——") is going to be exactly the same, save for switching out who you brought with you to the king's study. After that, my imagination will run wild!

thank you so much for reading, voting, and commenting :) I really do appreciate it.

I love you all!!!