Thirteen Cursed Princes; ending 6

JIHOON

You held Jihoon's hand tightly as you knocked on the door of the king's study; despite the late hour, you knew he would be awake, worrying for his sons.

"Come in," the king's tired voice called.

You entered, smiling at the way the king's face lit up when he saw Jihoon.

"Are they safe?" the king asked, obviously struggling to keep his composure.

"All of them safe and relatively unharmed," you affirmed. "Chan sustained a small cut and some bruising, but nothing serious, and he's the only one who was hurt."

"Where were they?"

You reached into your pocket and laid out the golden cup, silver twig, and a faerie's hairpin on the king's desk. "They were being held captive in the faerie queen's court, for some insult your wife gave the queen." You scanned his face carefully. "Thankfully, the curse is broken, and they need not go there any longer."

"How did you know how to save them?" the king asked quietly.

You hesitated, and Jihoon squeezed your hand comfortingly. "I was a changeling," you admitted. "I was raised in the faerie court for thirteen years of my life."

"Both her curse and ours are broken," Jihoon spoke up. "Father, you know how curses are broken..."

The king nodded, observing the objects on his desk carefully. "Well, Miss y/n, I have to reward you, as I promised," he said at length. "And from the looks of things, you've already decided what reward you'd like."

You blushed deeply, making Jihoon laugh.

"Go," the king said warmly. "Get some rest. Heaven knows it will be our first true rest in years..."

——

Jihoon seized your hand as you pulled away to enter your bedroom, a bright flush decorating his cheeks.

"Wait," he sputtered awkwardly. "I — I want you to know that... that I want to go through with what my father suggested."

You smiled slyly, glancing at him. "Oh, really? And what's that?" Truthfully, you already knew full well — it was just that a flustered Jihoon was the cutest thing you'd ever seen.

He flushed a deeper shade of red, averting his gaze. "You know — marriage. I want to marry you. You're so amazing and perfect in every way, and I really love you."

You smiled, leaning forward to gently brush your lips against his. "I do too, Jihoon. Let's talk more about it in the morning, okay?"

Jihoon nodded and lifted your hand, placing a small kiss on your knuckles. "Until tomorrow, then." He smiled that dazzling smile, complete with those little dimples you adored so much. "I love you."

——

Morning came quickly, and Jihoon slipped a note under the table at breakfast.

Meet me in the north rose garden after breakfast. I'll be waiting, my love.

You smiled and folded the note, nodding to him. He smiled — dimpled — went back to his plate of food.

He left the table first, leaving you to scarf down your food and hurry to try and find the north rose garden.

It wasn't hard, thankfully. Jihoon was sitting under a bower of roses, toying with a small sparkling object, a soft smile on his face.

"Here I am, Jihoon," you announced, sitting down on the grass next to him. "Ready to talk?"

Jihoon looked up with a smile, concealing the sparkly thing in his fist. "Of course." He took your hand in his, tracing the lines of your palm with his long fingers. "To begin with... I love you. So much." His ears turned red, and he stumbled over his next few words. "I'm — I'm bad at expressing my emotions, but — I love you. I love you and I want to us spend the rest of our lives together."

You risked kissing his cheek, and were rewarded with watching the flush spreading to his cheeks. "I will, Jihoon."

He opened his fist to reveal a small gold ring encircled with tiny diamonds. "Then, will you take this ring? I found it in — in the treasury and I thought of you right away."

You slipped the ring onto your finger, smiling at the joyful expression that spread across Jihoon's face.

He took your face in his hands, bringing you close for a warm kiss. "Thank you," he breathed against your lips, eyes half closed. "You've made me... the happiest man on earth."

You smiled and lifted your chin to kiss him again, and he gladly reciprocated.

——

You held your wedding under the same rose bower a year later, both of you wearing crowns of roses instead of gold — his was white and yellow, yours white and blush pink.

Jihoon's brothers and father were there, and somehow Hakyeon and his betrothed had caught wind of and wheedled their way into your wedding, but there were no other guests. You were both happiest that way.

But Jihoon stole you away from the others as the sun set, smiling as he tugged you away across a wide sweep of grass and into a beautiful hidden grove.

He turned to you, adjusting his flower crown and laughing. "We're married," he said. "Really married. I can't believe —" He broke off into a joyful laugh and looped his arms around your waist.

"We're married," you confirmed, leaning close to kiss him. "I love you so much, Jihoon."

Jihoon smiled into the kiss, his hand cupping the back of your head, oh so delicately. "I love you too, y/n. More than I can say."

A bird trilled somewhere, and you smiled, looking up to see if you could find the source. "It's beautiful here, Jihoon."

"Nowhere near as beautiful as you," Jihoon murmured, his gaze fixed on your face. He spread his cape out on the grass and sat down, patting the spot next to him invitingly. "Come here. I haven't been able to hug you properly lately."

His arms were warm, and he started singing to you after a short while. A few birds joined in occasionally — probably settling down for the night.

Jihoon smiled and brushed your hair away from your face, setting your flower crown on the ground. "I love you," he murmured, kissing your wedding ring.

"I love you too," you replied sleepily. You groped for his left hand and kissed his own wedding ring gently, and you fell asleep on Jihoon's shoulder as he sang softly.

_________________

surprise

okay so I feel like I haven't really been in the swing of reader-insert fics for a while, but I hope I can still write them, haha,,,

who here would like the superhero!svt in the works to be funny and lighthearted instead of a grand storyline? because at this point I'm not sure I'll be able to do a great big fancy thing, I'd just like to do something fun and easy to write,,,,

anyway, thanks for reading!!! I love you guys!!!