Christmas With Seventeen - Jihoon

"Remind me how you convinced me to go caroling with you," Jihoon muttered, voice muffled by his thick scarf.

You grinned, clasping his hand and admiring your breath in the air. "I asked nicely and you said yes."

Jihoon hummed noncommittally and brought your hand up to his face, pulling his scarf down to blow warm air on your fingers.

"They're starting Adeste Fideles," you gasped.

Jihoon couldn't hold back a smile at your enthusiasm as you sang, and couldn't help but join you even though his grasp of the Latin lyrics was a little shaky.

"Venite, venite in Bethlehem... Natum videte, Regem Angelorum..."

"I love Christmas carols," you murmured contentedly as the song ended. "Don't you?"

Jihoon shrugged, his breath puffing out through his scarf. "It's too cold," he complained. "I don't know."

"You can enjoy something even though it's cold, Jihoon."

He gave you a half ashamed look. "Sorry... I'm just a little tired... and I don't know anyone here and —"

"Neither do I," you confessed. "I just saw a notice in a café that said there would be caroling here tonight."

Jihoon laughed a little, glancing around. "How do you manage it?"

"They also said there would be free coffee and snacks afterward," you chuckled awkwardly.

Jihoon laughed out loud, squeezing your hand that he still held. "Okay. Well, I'll try to enjoy myself for you."

The few hours of caroling passed quickly, and Jihoon soon found himself tagging behind you as you actually socialised with the coordinators of the event.

He wrapped the fingers of his left hand tighter around the mug of coffee he'd picked up, shyly reaching out to touch your hand with his right.

"Y/n?" he murmured.

You turned to him right away, recognising the vaguely panicked note in his voice. "I'm so sorry, Jihoon — is this too much for you?"

He nodded, hiding his face in his mug. "I'm sorry, I know you wanted this."

You made your excuses and led Jihoon away.

"I thought you were having fun," he said in slight surprise.

"I was, but you weren't," you replied, squeezing his hand. "I don't want to force you into anything, Jihoon, so next time just tell me if you want out, okay?"

He smiled, squeezing your hand back. "It was pretty fun until the party bit. Maybe we should get the members and have our own caroling party."

You grinned widely, swinging your hands slightly. "I think everyone would like that — especially DK and Seungkwan, can you imagine?"

Jihoon pulled you in a little closer to him and smiled at the way your breaths fogged in the cold air.

_________________

poll before I get Joshua's written (his is coming up on Christmas Eve): he is most likely Catholic, and part of Catholic Christmas tradition is the Midnight Mass, so I was wondering: do readers want to go to Midnight Mass with Joshua, or wait up for him to come home from the Mass? Your input is very much appreciated!