Imagine 6

Yoon Jeonghan

"Thank you so much for doing this," you brother said, hovering near the front door. "I don't know what we'd do without you."

You smiled, adjusting your two-year-old niece on your hip. "No problem. Although I may call in some help from my boyfriend, if that's okay with you."

Your brother thought for a second. "Jeonghan? Yeah, that's great, do whatever you need." He leaned slightly forward  to scan the house. "Uh, so there's food, you know where her clothes and diapers and stuff are, and —"

You gave him a light shove. "Get going, big brother. Your wife's waiting for you in the car."

As the door closed, you looked down at your niece. "Hey there, Jiyeon. You want to meet my boyfriend?"

She thought about it, little eyebrows furrowing. "Yes," she decided, nodding for emphasis.

You pulled your phone from your pocket with some difficulty. "His name is Jeonghan," you informed her as you opened your message app.

love of my life: hey Jeonghan I could really use some help over here

cheonsa: love it's my day off I wanted to sleep
cheonsa: wait what
cheonsa: why
cheonsa: are you okay?

love of my life: do you remember when I told you about my niece Jiyeon?
love of my life: she's two, real cute, my older brother's kid?
love of my life: I'm babysitting her rn

cheonsa: okay where are you I'm coming

You chuckled, texted Jeonghan the address, and shoved your phone back in your pocket. "Jeonghan is coming," you informed Jiyeon, who clapped her hands in excitement.

Not more than fifteen minutes later (which you spent teaching Jiyeon to say "Jeonghan" instead of "Deonhun"), Jeonghan knocked on the door.

You made sure Jiyeon stayed put and opened the door.

Jeonghan picked up your hand as soon as he saw you, kissing your knuckles gently. "Where's this child I've heard so much about?" he asked, peering over your shoulder.

Jiyeon peeked out from behind your leg, her hands gripping the fabric of  your jeans tightly.

"Jiyeon, this is Jeonghan," you introduced, picking her up and bringing the two of them inside. "Jeonghan, this is Jiyeon."

Jeonghan's face split in a giant smile as he leaned in close to Jiyeon, tucking some hair behind her ear. "Hello, Jiyeon," he sang. "She's so adorable."

You smiled as Jiyeon reached out to rub his hair in return. "She really is, isn't she?"

"What are we doing with little Jiyeon today?"

"Not little!" Jiyeon exclaimed with a pout. "I'm big girl."

Jeonghan nodded, schooling his face into a solemn expression. "Of course, I'm sorry. What are we doing with big Jiyeon today?"

"My brother and his wife won't be back till past midnight, so we need to keep her entertained until dinner, then put her to bed," you counted off. "I figured you'd have fun doting on an actual baby instead of poor Dino."

"Dino?" Jiyeon asked curiously.

"Dino is my baby," Jeonghan declared.

"No, Dino is one of Jeonghan's friends. They make music together — like you saw BTS on TV last week?" you clarified. "Jeonghan has twelve friends like that."

Jiyeon nodded solemnly, then wriggled down out of your arms. "Catch me," she demanded of Jeonghan, then sprinted off.

You smiled at Jeonghan's befuddled expression. "I guess we're playing tag, then," you explained, and took off after Jiyeon, Jeonghan tagging along behind.

Jeonghan was the one to catch her, tossing her over his shoulder and laughing as she shrieked with laughter.

She squirmed down, still laughing, and took off in another direction.

Jeonghan let out a loud huff of air before he chased  her down again.

You poked your head out of the kitchen and grinned at the sight that greeted you.

Jeonghan and Jiyeon were sitting on the living room floor, surrounded by doll clothes and dolls, and very obviously deeply engrossed in a dramatic roleplay.

"Kids, I have your dinner," you called.

"Okay," Jeonghan replied, much to Jiyeon's amusement.

You laughed as Jeonghan came into the kitchen carrying Jiyeon, his face red with either embarrassment or holding back laughter.

"You answered to kids," you giggled at him.

"I know," Jeonghan replied, cracking a smile.

"Jiyeon, you have to eat your vegetables, your dad said," you pleaded, offering her a forkful of the hated green substance known as broccoli.

"No!" Jiyeon wailed, physically flinging herself away from the fork and into Jeonghan's lap.

Jeonghan set her back up with a mildly concerned expression. "Jiyeon, you really do have to finish your broccoli," he chided gently.

Jiyeon protested with an animalistic screech.

Sighing, Jeonghan reached into his pocket, withdrawing a small candy wrapped in crinkly paper. "Well, I guess I have to eat this instead of giving it to you like I planned... since I ate all of my food and you didn't..."

Jiyeon opened her mouth for the broccoli.

"You cheater, now you actually have to give her the candy," you teased.

Jeonghan smiled and wiped a bit of stray food from Jiyeon's cheek. "I know, love. I came prepared for a situation like this."

"Y/n? Jiyeon? Jeonghan? We're home," your brother called as he entered the house. "Y/n, is Jiyeon asleep, or —"

He cut off, smiling at the sight that greeted him in the living room. "Come look," he murmured to his wife.

You and Jeonghan were lying on the floor with Jiyeon between you, knees and foreheads touching to create something of a nest around her, your arms under her to slightly cushion the hardwood flooring.

Perhaps even cuter, yours and Jeonghan's free hands met over Jiyeon's side, fingers tightly interlaced.

All three of you were obviously deeply asleep.

_________________

flashes from babysitting a two-year-old! aaaAAAaa!!!

on another note, congratulations to our maknae Dino for becoming officially of legal age in Korea! I'm terrified!