Chapter 14: Tough Lover

Sammi Evelyn POV

"Ayudame," Miguel said to me. I looked up at him and rolled my eyes. He just asked me to help him.

"With what, Miguel?" I flipped the page of the magazine. How did Maya end up on page 6?

"I think Madi doesn't like me anymore," Miguel sat on the couch across from me.

"What makes you say that?" I ask him. Maya landed on page 6, because on page 7 it says she has one of the best accents in the biz. Cool. Oooh, I'm on page 8.

"She hasn't really paid attention to me the whole time I was here," Miguel says and I am forced to look away from the beautiful picture of me in the mag.

"Just because she hasn't talked to you doesn't mean she doesn't like you," I look back at the magazine, "Remember the time in seventh grade when she didn't talk to you for a whole month. Funny."

"Whatever, I'm going to go find her," Miguel got up and went to the door. I went back to the article about me having more followers than Taylor Swift. WOW!

I was reading an article about Dakota's break up with this celeb singer when some hands covered my eyes. I sighed. I was at the good part in the article.

"Guess who?" the voice said and I reached up and and hit somewhere on their face.

"Guess who hit you," I turn around to see Nash holding his nose.

"Note to self: Don't surprise girlfriend," Nash nods and I smile.

"I love it when you call me girlfriend," I say and he leans down and gives me a quick kiss before sitting next to me on the couch.

"So, I was sorta kinda listening in on you and Miguel," Nash says and I drop the magazine. Why do people always want to talk to me when I am reading?

"And?" I know there's more.

"You're great at giving advice," Nash said sarcastically and I threw one of the couch pillows at him. I leaned really close to his ear.

"I don't care," I whispered then left the living room while Nash yelled for me to come back. I went into Dakota's and my room and locked the door. With the magazine in hand.

"Sammi," Nash pounded on the door, "You're teasing me."

"You're the one thinking I care," I sat on my bed and flipped to the article on me.

"C'mon, Sammi," Nash said, "Open up."

"I don't feel like getting up and opening the door," I said and tried getting up and failed. Oooh, I left Takis on my nightstand.

"I hear food," Nash said. I stopped mid-way with food in my hand and six Takis already in my mouth.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I say and I hear Nash groan and walk away. I laugh and then I notice the person in the bed next to me.

"Okay," Dakota said, "That was cute. But next time, have a little lovers argument, not when I'm out of the room but out of the country."

"We can always just get you to illegally across the Candian border," I say and she shakes her head.

"Much rather go to Mexico," Dakota smiles, "Me gusta los niños Hispanico."

"I know you like Hispanic guys," I say, "Step outside and see Miguel and Alex."

"Nah," Dakota shook her head, "Not my type."

"I forgot. Cameron Dallas is your type," I say and she throws a pillow at me.

"Shut up," Dakota says and I laugh. She so fallen for him. And I know he likes her, too. I mean, you should see the way he looks at her.

"He likes you, bae," I say and she shrugs.

"He'll have to show it in some way," Dakota says and I shake my head. I remember being single. It was such a sad life. Now, I have my Nash. Who I left outside my door. Tough love.

I put in my headphones and laughed because the next song on my shuffle was Tough Lover by Christina Aguilera.

-------------

edited as of-3-21-15