Chapter 19: How Well Do You Know?

Carter Reynolds POV

"Okay, the first questions will be easy enough. Well, team one. First question goes to Carter," Melissa read off a note card.

I had the worst luck ever. The first question would go to me. I just knew I would get this wrong.

"Okay, Mr. Reynolds. What was the first song ever published by Taylor Okinawa or Lila?" Melissa asked me and I looked over at Madi (we had a bet going on about this) who smirked at me. But I knew the answer. I was a serious ALOL subscriber.

"The first song she ever published was Dream On," I say, "Which had a funny video if I may add."

"Correct. Five points for team one," Melissa says as the scoreboard dings, "Team two, this one is for Connor Franta. Connor, which Magcon member is not from the U.S.?"

"Fuck," Connor says and I smile. I know this one. I jump up and down like a little kid. Johnson puts a hand on my shoulder to make me stop.

"Connor, do you not know?" Melissa asks and he nods sadly.

"I do not know," Connor says and his team groans.

"The correct answer is Shawn Mendes. He is from Toronto, Canada," Melissa says, "The next question goes to Ali Martinez. Miss Martinez, which O2L member has the slogan 'Stay Cloudy'?"

"Wow, um," Ali Martinez, "I'm not real big on O2L, I like vines because they're short, but Lila is always talking about them, so Jc Caylen."

"Correct," Melissa said, "That is the end of round one. Team one and three five points each. Team two, not on the board."

"I wonder why," Madi muttered and rolled her eyes.

"Are you ready for round two, Youtubers and Viners?" Melissa says and we all nod.

"Okay, Brent Riveria," she reads a question, "What are the oldest members of each group and their age?"

"Um," Brent says, "Cameron, who's nineteen. Sammi, she's, like, I dunno, eighteen and Connor who's like twenty-one."

"Wrong," Melissa shakes her head. "So wrong. You were right about Connor and Cameron being the oldest but the oldest member ALOL is Dakota. Sorry, Brent."

"It's okay, Mel," Brent says and Matt glares at him.

"No," Matt says, "Don't ever call my sister that. It is forbidden."

"Next question is for Nash Grier," she said, "Nash, what does ALOL and O2L stand for?"

"O2L, Miss Melissa," Nash says, "Stands for Our 2nd Life. ALOL, on the other hand, stand for Awesome Laughs Out Loud. Thank you very much."

"Correct," she says, "Our sixth question goes to Kian Lawley. Kian, what bromance exists in Magcon?"

"#Cash," Kian says, "Cameron Dallas and Nash Grier. What up, I'm awesome!"

"Correctomundo," Melissa says, "That is the end of round two. Five points for team one and two and ten for team three."

We went back and forth answering questions till it was only three people left who needed to answer. Trevor Moran, K. Madison, and Jc Caylen still haven't answered.We were all tied at 25, each team missed two.

"Okay, guys," Melissa stepped from the podium, "I need Trevor, Madison and Jc."

They all walked into the middle where three podiums rose from the ground in front of them.

"These next questions will not be easy," Melissa says, "Are you ready?"

"Say the damn question already," Jc yelled and Melissa nodded.

"Trevor Moran, which ALOL girl has a tattoo of a panda?" Melissa asks him.

"Um, its that weird one," Trevor says, "Um, Dakota, right?"

"Correct," our host says, "Next question, Madi, which O2L member has a tattoo of their dog?"

"Technically, none of them do," she said, "But Jc has a wishbone tat and his dog's name is Wishbone."

"Correct," Melissa nods, "The final question will either leaves us in a three-way tie or a two way tie. Jc, which girl always posts cover videos on Wednesday?"

"Um, Taylor Okinawa," Jc said.

"Every team has a three way tie at 30. Now for the tie breaker. Which ever team buzzes in first wins," Melissa says, "You may help your team mates. Sammi, you may not answer this question. The question is....What is Sammi's real name?"

Nash buzzes in first, "My bae's full name is Samantha Evelyn Nicole Maria Ortega."

"That is correct, Mr. Grier," Melissa says, "Team two wins!"

Madi walks over to me while everyone's celebrating and holds out her hand. I reach into my pocket and pull out a twenty.

"Haven't you learned better than to bet against me, Carter?" Madi laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"You know the agreement," I say and she nods.

"Yeah, I know," Madi walked away from me backwards that was until she almost fell on her ass. She laughed and then turned from me.  

"The reward for team two is two days out of here. Each team member gets to bring along one person," Heather appears out of nowhere.

Team two calls out their people. Nash-Sammi, Matt-Maya, Sam-Lila, Gilinsky-Johnson, Connor-Trevor, Ricky-Jc, Madi-Ali.

"Yay," Ali said when Madi called her name, "You're such a good best friend."

"I thought we were sisters," Dakota yelled at her and Madi shrugged.

"Where are we going?" Connor asked and Heather smiled.

"Anywhere you want," Heather left us.

-------------

edited as of-3-23-15