Chapter 43: Love Ain't Fancy

Taylor Caniff POV

I went to the where the DJ is supposed to be and found Sammi instead of Mahogany.

"Where's Mahogany?" I asked and she took off her headphones.

"Went to do something, Caniff," Sammi said, "She asked me to take over. What's up?"

"Why she choose you and not me. I know good music," I say.

"Bc I am awesome unlike you," Sammi says as she turn on a new song. Problem- Ariana Grande and Iggy Azalea. I could hear the fans singing.

"But I'm better," I take her headphones and switch the song to Talk Dirty by Jason Derulo. I heard Jack G yell Jason in a chinese voice. I turn to Sammi who's glaring at me.

"Meanie," Sammi says as she pushes me away from the soundboard.

•ⱮΣΔȠ₩Ⱨⱡ₺Σ•

Dakota Smith POV

Cam had his hand over my eyes so I wouldn't see that he was obviously leading me to a car.

"Here we are," he said as he took his hands off my eyes. It was a limo.

"Our date is in a limo," I look at him.

"Don't worry, we have food," He led me in to the car. I dunno if I can do this anymore. Me and him, I don't think we're meant to be.

"Cameron," I started but he cut me off.

"I got you a gift," he said. Shit. He was not going to make this breakup easy on me, huh?

"That's nice. You didn't have to-"

"Yes, I did," Cameron says, "You're the best girlfriend I've ever had."

"You don't mean that," I say and he nods.

"Of course I do," Cam says and hands me a box and a bag. Roses and I was scared to see what was inside that bag. I smiled at him, thinly and opened the bag. It was an Ariana Grande t-shirt. I stuffed it back into the bag.

"Can we pull over?" I ask the chauffer and we stop next to a McDonald's.

"What's wrong?" Cam says and I shake my head.

"Us," I shake my, "I can't be with you anymore."

I got out the car and shut the door between us. He looked at me and I had to look away and walk into the empty McDonald's and call Alex and have him pick me up.

☺₺₳₸℮Ɽ☻

Dakota Smith POV

"Explain it to me again," Alex said as he drove me to my house.

"I broke up with Cameron bc we weren't meant to be," I say, "We weren't alike. He's a surfer dude and I'm more serious."

"What happened to opposites attract," Alex says.

"What happened to punching you in the face," I say and he shook his head.

"You amaze me, sis," he said, "You get a perfectly good boyfriend and break his heart. What the hell is wrong with you?"

"You're supposed to be conforting me, not insulting me," I look out the window.

"When have I ever done that? Bc if I have, I was lying to you," Alex says, "Dakota, you have no real reason to break up with the guy."

"I didn't get an electric current when I kissed him," I murmur.

"I didn't want to know all that," Alex said, "You're basically breaking up with him bc you don't get shoked when you kiss him. What is he, Static Man?"

"No."

"Dakota Adriana Smith, you are so fucking dumb it is unbelievable," he said and I glared at him.

"You don't understand bc you're a guy," I say.

"There's your dumbass logic again," he says, "Are all women this stupid? Bc that would explain my last two girlfriends. Guys know enough about love, ya know. It's not all in the woman's hands."

"Alex, please stop," I say and he looks at me.

"Please tell me my other sister isn't this dumb towards love," Alex says, "Please, give me something. Let someone in my family be smart."

"Shut up, please."

"You know, maybe if you weren't so smart, you would get love," Alex says, "Bc stupid people are better at it bc they don't overthink it like we do. We were cursed with brains while the idiots have already found love."

"That explains Madi," I say and Alex laughs. This is what siblings should always do, laugh at the youngest one.