Chapter 2: Team Rocket

"Well now I'm all on my own, with you two of course." Said Zia as she walked through her childhood home, but before she walked out of the little village a voice stopped her.

"Hey there Zi-Zi girl, did you get your starter or did you sleep in?" The voice said as he walked up to her. She turned around to see a guy her age with red-brown spiky hair. He had a long-sleeved purple shirt with a green and yellow ying-yang necklace. He had blue jeans and brown boots. He also had quite a smug face for a 10 year old who just got his Pokemon a few hours ago.

"No, Gary, I didn't sleep in. My starter is actually right here." Explained Zia as she pointed to Emmy on her right shoulder.

"What is that puny thing? I've never seen that Pokemon in my life but I bet it's as weak as you are. My Squirtle could beat that thing in a second flat." Huffed Gary as he sent out his Squirtle and challenged Zia to a battle between their starters. She agreed ready to knock some sense into Gary for insulting her Pokemon. He's her childhood rival since they knew what a rival was and Zia has always dealt with him, but when he insults her Pokemon it's hard to stop from slapping him.

"Alright Emmy, I choose you. Be strong out there since it's your first battle." She told Emmy and she got a nod in return. Gary started the battle by telling his Squirtle to use tackle. "Emmy, dodge and use tackle as well." Emmy dodged the tackle and countered with one of her own which hit the opponent square in the chest.

"Now use Vine Whip!" Said Zia and two vines came out of Emmy's neck and smacked Squirtle in the face hard. After that, the Squirtle fainted and Gary walked away with his tail between his legs, muttering incoherent words under his breath.

"Good job Emmy! You did so well for your first battle!" Zia cried as she hugged Emmy and lifted her back onto her shoulder. With that the trio continued into Viridian City and walked past an Officer Jenny. Zia knew there were multiple of them and they all looked identical, just like all the Nurse Joy's. She heard Officer Jenny mumble something to another policeman. Something about a group of bad guys named Team Rocket? She noted in her head to be careful for a while and headed into town towards the poke-center. As she walked in, a Pokemon walked around pushing a stretcher into the back.

Chansey: The Egg Pokemon
A rare and elusive Pokemon that is said to bring happiness to those who manage to get it.

"Hello Nurse Joy, can you check on my Pokemon? And can I also have a room as well?" Asked Zia as she looked out and realized it was almost night.

"Of course, here's a room key, it's for room 7. I'll also check up on your Pokemon." Said Nurse Joy as she took Emmy and Sky and led them to the back for a checkup. Zia headed to the room and set all her stuff down. She also snacked on a piece of toast her mother put in her bag. After finishing the toast, she headed back into the lobby. Nurse Joy told her that they were completely healthy, so she was allowed to take them back. But before she could return to her room, smoke filled the lobby.

"What is that?" Zia asked while coughing along with her Pokemon.

"To protect the world from devastation." A woman with long red hair at waist length said.

"To unite all peoples within our nation." Said a man with neck length blue hair. Both had white uniforms with an R on it, along with black boots and gloves.

"To denounce the evils of truth and love." The woman continued.

"To extend our reach to the stars above."

"Jesse." Well, that's the red-heads name, Zia guessed.

"James." That's blue hair.

"Team Rocket blast off at the speed of light."

"Surrender now or prepare to fight." They continued alternately.

"Meeowth! That's right!" Suddenly a talking Meowth pops in, and surprisingly, Zia isn't as shocked as she should be.

"We've come to take all of your Pokemon for our boss!" The man named James announced. "You can't! They are all injured and sick!" Exclaimed a worried Nurse Joy. "Well that's to bad now, isn't it?" Jesse spat and they continued forward to steal all the Pokemon.

"I won't allow you to take these Pokemon!" Zia jumped in front of them and they stared at her for a second, shocked by her audacity, then laughed maniacally. "Oh really, twerpette? You think you can stop us? That's rich." Chuckled Jesse as she sent out her Ekans, as well as James sending out his Koffing.

"Go Ekans/Koffing!" They both said together.

Ekans: The Snake Pokemon
Moves silently and stealthily. Eats the eggs of birds, such as Pidgey and Spearow, whole.

Koffing: The Poison Gas Pokemon
Because it stores several kinds of toxic gases in its body, it is prone to exploding without warning.

"Poison types, huh?" Said Zia as she sent out her Shinx. She didn't want to send out Emmy cause she still needed more training, and she was at a disadvantage.

"Sky use Spark on Koffing then tackle Ekans." As she said that her Shinx charges up some electricity and sent a spark towards the ball of gas. Then she disappeared and showed up behind the snake and tackled it across the floor. Both Koffing and Ekans fainted and Jesse and James returned them.

"Ugh! Meowth, you're a Pokemon go attack her!" Jesse commanded.

"What? Oh right I am, well then little girl I'm gonna show you my fury swipes!" Screamed Meowth as he ran towards Zia. All of a sudden, he was lifted up by something and then thrown into Jesse and James and knocked them down.

"Good job Emmy! Nice vine whip." Praised Zia as she stroked Emmy on her head. "Snnnivy!" She cried happily. "You twerpette! We'll get you for this!" Yelled James as he struggled underneath Meowth and Jesse.

"Oh yeah, you three I almost forgot! Sky use spark and send them flying, please" Zia said to Sky as she watched the trio of idiots trying to get out of the way. However, they were too slow as a spark came flying at them and sent them through the roof.

"Team Rockets blasting off again!" They yelled into the night as Officer Jenny comes in and Zia explained what happened. "Sorry for the roof" Zia apologized sheepishly. "Oh, it's quite alright, it's better than kidnapped Pokemon. Thank you again." With that she walked out of the building leaving Zia to walk back to her room.

"That was very unexpected." Said Zia as she layed on her bed with Sky and Emmy snuggled up next to her. "Yeah, didn't expect to have to fight as soon as I was healed." Sighed a new voice.

"I'm sorry Sky, I just didn't want Emmy to get hurt since I haven't trained her yet." Said Zia as she looked over at Sky and smiled apologetically towards her. "It's fine, I'm just sleepy now, goodnight." Sky said, curling into a ball.

"Goodnight" Zia said and fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, Zia is able to talk to Pokemon. Not every Pokemon though, it'll be explained later in the story, promise.

Hope you've enjoyed 💜💜💜💜💜

Pokemon:
Shinx - Female (Sky)
Shiny Snivy - Female (Emmy)