Chapter 6: The Bushes

"Hey Zia, are we almost there?" Emmy asked as they walked down the path to Cerulean City.

"Not any closer than when you asked 2 minutes ago, so stop asking for a while, please!" Zia replied since Emmy had been asking so often since they left Mt. Moon. Emmy complied and stopped asking, but then all 3 heard something rustling in the bushes to their right.

"Who's there?" Zia asked since she wasn't sure if it was a pokemon or person. A few more rustles and out stepped a male. He seemed older than Zia but not by much, maybe 12 or 13. He had tussled dark brown hair that made him look like he just woke up but Zia thought he still made it work. His hair framed his slightly tan face and his shining green eyes that start off dark at the top and got lighter at the bottom. He had on a black t-shirt with a dark green jacket over it. Along with some blue jeans and grey converse shoes. Overall pretty cute in Zia's eyes.

"I'm terribly sorry if I startled you, my name is KC." He introduced as he rubbed his neck sheepishly. Zia smiled at him and nodded, acknowledging his apology as sincere. "It's fine, but what were you doing in that bush, if I may ask?" Zia questioned. She felt no bad intent from this KC, but she was a bit curious.

"I was umm.... picking berries?" He replied more so as a question. Zia looked at him with a sharp look. She knew he was lying. He saw her look and sighed. "Ok fine, I am hiding from someone." He revealed. Zia nodded her head, as if assessing to dive deeper, however being the curious thing she is, she had to ask.

"Who from exactly? I can help if you would allow me to." She said, looking dead serious. He stared at her, surprised she would help a stranger so easily. At first glance she may seem foolish doing that, but KC could tell she is smarter than that. He thought for a minute, considering telling her. Eventually, he gave in and sighed.

"Fine, I am hiding from a rich man, his name is Cax Werster and he is pretty powerful here in Kanto. I-I may have took something from him." He explained looking at the ground. He glanced around and motioned for Zia to follow him. She complied and went with him behind the bush. Laying there was an injured green and white Pokemon. It kind of looked like a ballerina.

Kirlia: The Emotion Pokemon
Type: Psychic and Fairy
A Kirlia has the psychic power to create a rip in the dimensions and see into the future. It is said to dance with pleasure on sunny mornings.
- Usually found in the Hoenn Region

"What happened to the poor thing?" She exclaimed as she stared at it. KC looked at nothing in particular, practically seething with anger.

"The guy I mentioned earlier, Cax, did this." He said, trembling with anger. The Kirlia had cuts and bruises all over her like she had gotten beaten. She also had multiple bags under her eyes, saying she hasn't rested in a while.

"You can explain later, we have to get Kirlia to a pokemon center!" Zia said as she went to pick up the pokemon. However, before she could, KC stopped her.

"You can't! As much as I would love to help her right now, if we went into any towns right now someone would recognize us. Cax has probably put up pictures of me and sent people to find us." KC explained. Zia looked at him in understanding.

"Ok, we won't go to a poke-center." She sighed "However, I'm gonna treat her with some medicines I have with me." She proclaimed. KC looked at her in gratitude and nodded. Zia got out some potions and bandages and walked over.

"Emmy, Sky, can you guys help me please?" She turned around and asked the two pokemon who have so far stayed silent. They nodded, being careful to not give any sign they can talk to Zia. She then sent out Avery.