Chapter 46: Breeders and Buffets

"So... Gonna tell me your secret yet?" Was the first thing Todd asked as they take a break on their journey. They were sat near a tree in the middle of the city.

Everyone's heads snapped over to him, eyes wide. "S-secret? Where'd you get that idea?" Zia asked as she nervously laughed. Todd gave her an unimpressed look. "It's obvious you're hiding something. It's got something to do with your Pokemon, right?" He asked.

"We have no idea what you're talking about." KC stated as he smiled awkwardly. "You can't fool a photographer, guys. It's in my nature to look for details and make observations." Todd told them. Zia glanced between her Pokemon and Todd before sighing.

"Fine, I'll tell you. But you can't let anybody else know. If you do, I'll sic my Gyarados on you." Zia threatened with a glare. Todd squeaked and ran behind KC. "She has a Gyarados?!" He whisper-yelled. "That, and a lot of other Pokemon you do not want to mess with." KC answered.

"I won't tell anybody, promise! Swear on my camera and all the photos I've ever taken!" Todd swears, making Zia purse her lips as she considers it. "Alright, I'll believe you. Now sit." She commanded, to which he obeyed. She then went through her whole story, telling him the secret he had been waiting to hear.

When she was done, Todd gazed at her blankly. "You... can talk to Pokemon? And you have psychic abilities?" He asked slowly. "Yes." She nodded. "Prove it." He ordered, making Zia smirk. "Okay. Sky, how many fingers is KC holding up right now?" She asked her Luxray. KC stood behind the girl, so she had no way of knowing what KC was doing.

"Two. He's giving you the bunny ears." She replied. "Two, he's giving me the bunny ears." Zia repeated for Todd to hear. Then her eyes widened. "KC!" She yelled and turned around to see him holding two fingers above her head. He chuckled nervously and slowly put his hand down. "Sorry." He apologized.

Zia huffed but let it go, turning back to Todd. "Believe me now?" She asked him. He stared at her speechless for a few seconds before realizing he was being talked to. "Well, I guess I have to now." He relented. "Good, now that that's over, we can continue." Zia said and got her stuff, also picking up a sleeping Kaida.

"Now a Pokemon weather update. Our area will remain clear and sunny today with highs in the upper 70's so get..." They all heard the news on the big screen say. "Sounds like good weather." KC stated. "Oh, it is. Trust me." Emmy confirmed, getting her strength from good sunlight.

"Pokemon love power!" The big screen amplified, making them look back over. The weather channel had changed to a different commercial, where a woman with blonde hair in two ponytails appeared. "Find it at our five-star-breeding center, where every Pokemon is treated like a loved one! This guest evolved into a Charmeleon and then into a Charizard in just a few short days." The woman spoke as a Charmander evolved on the screen.

"At the five-star breeding center, a little pampering goes a long way. Let out experts provide your Pokemon with our loving care. So, why go through all the fuss when you can bring your Pokemon to us, huh?" The woman finished. "I guess there's a new breeding center around here." KC said.

"Breeding center?" Zia asked, having never heard of such a thing. "They're the newest thing. Breeding centers raise Pokemon for kids who can't themselves. It's like a Pokemon spa." Todd explained. "A really excellent breeding center can even help your Pokemon evolve." KC added.

"It wouldn't hurt to check it out, sounds interesting." Zia stated as they all left to find the breeding center. As they spotted the place, they walked up to it only to see the huge crowd of kids that came with it. The woman who they saw on the big screen was at the front, assuring them that there was no need to rush.