Chapter 22: A Lot of Fight

On their way to Celadon City, Zia decided to take a break to call Professor Oak.

"Hello Professor Oak." She greeted with a smile. He smiled back. "Ah, Zia, I was wondering when you were finally going to call me." He stated. She chuckled sheepishly. "Sorry, it kinda passed over my head." She explained.

"So have any good news for me?" He asked her. She pulled up her bag and took out the 4 badges from the small compartment she keeps them in. Zia then held them up to the screen. "I got 4 gym badges so far." She stated. He drank a sip of his tea and then looked at her again. "Only 4 badges?" He asked.

Zia tilted her head in confusion. "What do you mean, 'only 4 badges?'" She restated. "Gary and the others from Pallet have already gotten 5 badges." He explained. Zia groaned at the mention of the professor's grandson.

"Also, Gary has already captured 30 Pokemon." He continued speaking. Zia rolled her eyes at Gary's method of quantity over quality. She'd rather have fewer Pokemon and train them well than have more Pokemon and train them awfully. "Yeah, and I have 12, does that really matter?" She asked him. Oak chuckled at her reaction and shrugged, "I guess not." He then remembered what else he wanted to see.

"Zia, since you haven't gotten to your carrying limit yet and don't have to send Pokemon to me now, can you show me what Pokemon you have right now?" He asked her. She smiled at him. "Sure." She agreed.

Calling Sky and Emmy over from their nap on the rocks, she released all the others. Professor Oak was amazed by the variety. She had a Luxray, Servine, Beedrill, Pidgeotto, Vulpix, Clefable, Milotic, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Gyarados, and a Haunter. The older man's eyes widened. "My, Zia dear, these Pokemon are splendid. Getting 3 Pokemon from different regions and rare Pokemon like Gyarados, Clefable and the starters. Even your Pidgeotto, Beedrill, and Vulpix seem strong." He complimented. Zia chuckled at his expression and nodded.

"Yes, they are all very strong. And it's because I care for each one individually instead of running around catching as many as I can." She said. He nodded, never losing his smile. "I'm glad you think that way Zia, I can tell you will be an amazing trainer." He said. They said their goodbyes for now and Zia recalled everyone except Sky and Emmy.

The three sat back down on the rocks as Zia pulled out some food. Sadly, it wasn't donuts, but a sandwich or two. She also gave Sky and Emmy some Pokemon food. "So how much farther until Celadon?" Emmy asked as she munched on the food. "Don't talk with a full mouth, that's rude. But Celadon City is just down that road." Zia said as she scolded the Servine.

Sky perked up as Zia saw a bush rustle a few feet away from them. Before they could say anything, a small white and brown Pokemon popped out. "Oh, it's a Mankey." Zia said as she relaxed.

Mankey: The Pig Monkey Pokemon
Type: Fighting
Extremely quick to anger. It could be docile one moment then thrashing away the next instant.

The monkey looking Pokemon strolled up to them cautiously as it eyes Emmy's bowl of food.

"Oh no, nu-uh, you aren't getting my food ya pig-monkey." She denied quickly as she guarded her food. The Mankey's eyes suddenly narrowed and turned red. "I think you made it mad Emmy." Sky said warily. "What'd I do? I don't want to give my food up!" Emmy exclaimed.

"Emmy, you called it a pig-monkey!" Zia enlightened as the Servine's eyes widened. She looked back at the Mankey as it glared at her. "I think we, uh, have had a bit of a misunderstanding. You know what, you can have a bit of my food. Here." Emmy said, trying to appease the angry Pokemon. However, it only smacked the bowl away.

"My food!" Emmy screeched, horrified. It suddenly started charging at the three as they quickly ran from it. Zia had managed to grab her bag as they ran. They continued like this until they were blocked by Team Rocket. "Get out of the way!" Zia yelled at them. They looked confused but didn't move as Zia and her Pokemon ran around them. They all heard a crash before turning around to see the Mankey still standing with Team Rocket on the ground.