Chapter 27: Confronting Problems

Zia sighed as she leaned against the tree, sitting with her back against it. Sky and Emmy laid beside her, not in to much of an optimistic mood either.

"I mean, I'm sure she has a good reason, right?" Emmy pondered, looking up at her trainer. "Maybe... but I'm still nervous to ask." Zia responded, gazing down at her Xtransceiver.

"I'm sure your mother will tell you everything, Zia. I've known her for years after we found each other. She isn't a person do to something without a reason." Sky comforted, laying her head on Zia's lap. Zia sighed once again and nodded.

She prepared herself before dialing her mother, every second it rings makes her nerves jump around faster than the last. She almost squeaked when her mother answered, her familiar face appearing on the screen.

"Oh, Zia! You haven't called me in ages! I was beginning to worry." She said, making Zia laugh sheepishly. "I'm sorry. There's just been so much going on." She excused, really just trying to stall time in order not to confront her mother.

"Where's Sky? Oh, and Emmy as well!" Her mother questioned, trying to look out of frame of the camera, not like it would move on its own. Zia tilts the camera at an angle to which both Pokemon could be seen.

Zia's mother had a surprised expression as she gazed upon the evolved Pokemon. "They've grown! When you left, they were so much smaller, and now they've evolved. I'm so happy for them!" She cheered, wiping an imaginary tear from her eye. Zia chuckled, her mother was dramatic as ever.

Then, she remembered why she called in the first place. "Ah, mom? I've got something to ask you." Zia mumbled, not sure how to bring it up. Her mother smiled encouragingly, waiting patiently for her daughter to speak.

"Well... It's just that... Whydidntyoutellmeihadpsychicpowers?!" Zia rambled quickly, not even trying to be understood, truthfully. Her mother tilted her head, not getting any of it. "Can you repeat that sweetie? Take your time, you can ask me anything." She assured, giving one of those motherly smiles that made Zia calm down some.

"I asked... Why didn't you tell me I had psychic powers?!" Zia repeated, slower this time. She had an almost desperate look on her face, wanting to know so badly, but so scared at the same time.

Meanwhile, her mother was frozen in shock. She didn't realize her daughter had figured it out so quickly. She cleared her throat and looked at the young girl guiltily. "Sweetie... I never told you because it was dangerous." She started, gaining a confused look from Zia. "Why? What was so dangerous that I had to live being able to talk to Pokemon, thinking I was insane?! The only reason I realized that I had psychic abilities was because of Sabrina, the gym leader of the psychic-type gym in Saffron City!" Zia exploded, her pent up emotions of confusion, betrayal, and loneliness coming out.

Emmy frowned and hugged her from the side, while Sky rubbed against her stomach from her spot on the girl's lap. Zia's mother flinched and looked down before taking a breath. "Because your father was the Guardian of Pokemon. He was one of the strongest psychics to ever live and he was also able to communicate to Pokemon, whether it be psychic-types or not." Ari revealed, making Zia's, along with her Pokemon's, eyes widen.

"Dad was the Guardian of Pokemon? What do you mean? Isn't there such thing as an Aura Guardian? Mom, I don't understand!" Zia pleaded, just wanting to know why. Her mother sighed. "It's a long story, Zia. Are you sure you want to know everything?" She asked, immediately getting a nod in response. "All I want is to know everything. If this is affecting me, I deserve to know." Zia demanded.

"Alright then. Your father, Reis Braxs, was a wonderful man, even before he was a great father." Zia's mother started, making Zia relax so she can listen to the story. "I didn't know about most of this either, until after he proposed to me." She added, making it known she was in the same boat at one point in time. Zia nodded, wanting her mother to continue.