Chapter 72: Mikan Island Gym

Back with Zia and her group, they were leisurely sailing towards Mikan Island on her Gyarados's back.

Eventually, they caught sight of an island in the distance. "Is that it?" Emmy asked as her head perked up. Everyone else looked over as Zia glanced at the map. "Seems so. Full speed ahead, Ziton!" She exclaimed as the Gyarados sped up.

When they made it to shore, Ziton lowered his head as they all jumped off onto the sand. "Thank you, now take a rest." Zia said as she returned the Gyarados. They then made their way to the Pokemon Center where Zia called her mother.

The screen turned on to show Ari, who had a stern look on her face. "Zia, now why didn't you call me earlier?! I had to find out you became Champion from the news!" She scolded as Zia hung her head. "Sorry mom. I just couldn't get a chance alone before. I was dragged off to interviews, talk shows, photoshoots, you name it! And I kept being chased around by fans and paparazzi when I did go out on my free time." She pouted, not having meant to not call her mother.

Ari sighed and smiled. "Oh well. Now, tell me who the beautiful girl behind you is, sweetie." She commanded, gesturing to the older psychic. "This is Sabrina. She's the Psychic-type gym leader in Saffron City. She's also the one who initially told me I had psychic abilities." Zia answered.

Ari smiled at the teen. "It's good to meet you. Zia had mentioned you when she returned home after the Indigo League and I've been wanting to meet you ever since. I'm glad you're looking over my little girl." She said. "Thank you, ma'am." Sabrina replied politely. "Oh none of that, call me Ari. By the way, where's KC?" The older woman suddenly asked.

That's how Zia began explaining where she is and why KC's not there with her. "Alright then. Come visit me when you're done. Love you!" Ari said. "Love you too." Zia said back before hanging up.

"Well let's get going to the gym." Sky said as they walked out of the Pokemon Center, heading down the path. After a little bit of walking, they saw a building in the distance amongst the scattered palm trees. However, Emmy spotted something else.

"Oh, it's a coconut. I've always wanted to try coconut water." She said happily as she slithered over, beginning to reach for it with a vine. That's when Zia noticed something tied around it and was proven correct when water came tumbling down just as Emmy picked it up.

Zia's eyes glowed silver as she redirected the water away from her Pokemon, the patch of grass next to the Serperior getting drenched. "Aw, what happened? I was sure my aim was dead on!" A little boy suddenly jumped out from behind a palm tree. He had a pastel yellow shirt on with green pants and black boots. His black hair spiked up in different directions.

"Either way, you're Pokemon must be super weak to have fallen for a trick like that." The kid continued as he walked over. "What'd you call me, brat?!" Emmy asked as she leaned over him, her eyes glowing red. To the little boy, it sounded more like, "Serperior, Ser?!" But was terrifying for him either way.

His hands shook as he got out a pokeball. "Y-you'll have to b-battle me if you want to get to the gym!" He stuttered nervously. "Look, kid-" Zia began but was cut off by a new voice.

"Are you starting trouble again? You're supposed to be inside cleaning your room." A young woman with a black tank top and a long pink skirt stated. She had reddish-brown hair pulled up in the back with a yellow hair clip.

"Uhh, I was, Cissy, but then I- I caught this kid sneaking around." The little boy lied as he pointed at Zia, who gaped. "Excuse you, I am a trainer. I'm not a crook. All I wanted was to challenge the gym and here you are trying to drench my poor Pokemon! She might've caught a cold, and gotten terribly sick. Did you ever think of that?" Zia scolded as she frowned at the boy.