Chapter 17: Still Stranded

After getting directions from one of the park attendants, Zia and her Pokemon made their way to Porta Vista, the only town on the island with ferries to the mainland.

"AH! Why'd you have to be stubborn and wake up late, Emmy?!" Zia cried as she watched the last ferry sail away for the next 3 hours. "It's not my fault we were running around looking for everyone yesterday, I was tired!" The Servine argued. Sky then saw something out in the water. "Hey Zia, there's a Pokemon out there, I think it's a Horsea." She said as Zia turned to look.

Horsea: The Dragon Pokemon
Known to shoot down flying bugs with precise blasts of ink from the surface of the water.

"It looks hurt, poor thing." Zia says as she examines the black eye the Pokemon has from her spot on the ledge. The Horsea looked hopeful and sprayed some ink out onto the water. The ink spread and made the shape of a Tentacool and Tentacruel. "Horsea, Horsea!" It called to the three of them. Zia looked at Sky, "Horsea said that it wants you to help the Tentacool and Tentacruel to save their home from being built on."

Zia nodded and smiled at the water Pokemon. "Of course I'll help. I wouldn't just let a pokemon's home get destroyed and do nothing." Horsea looked very happy at what she said. Zia was about to say something else when a ship a little ways out suddenly exploded. "What?!" Zia shouted as she watched the sailors jump overboard. "Oh no, Kai, Tania, Ziton, go help bring them back!" She said as she released her water Pokemon.

Zia jumped onto Ziton and the three quickly swam towards the boat and started helping the sailors. One that Ziton was carrying seemed unable to move. Almost like he was paralyzed. Zia frowned in thought but was interrupted as they made it back to shore. "The boss, I've got to tell the boss." He rasped out.

"I'm the boss, Nastina!" An old looking woman with red hair braided into two pig tails announced. She was also missing all but two teeth and had wrinkles for days. Let's just say she wasn't the pretties pearl in the sea. Zia had found her after getting directions from the sailor, and now they were at the place where this Nastina lives. "Definitely nasty..." Zia whispered. "What was that?" She asked. Well she's still got her hearing, Zia thought.

"Anyway, I understand that you helped save the men on my ship." She stated as Zia looked around the room. It was really expensive looking. There were also some guys in the room who where only wearing speedos, much to Zia's discomfort. "Thank you very much." Nasty, or Nastina, thanked.

"You're welcome ma'am." Zia said politely. She may have a nasty, pun intended, feeling about her but she doesn't know anything for certain yet. Zia was about to walk out when Nastina called her back. "You're not thinking you're getting away that fast do ya?" She began. Zia raised an eyebrow. "Or at least until you see my new resort." The older woman finished. "Resort?" Zia questioned confused.

"It's not finished, but it'll be spectacular." She said as she looked over at her model. "The world's biggest luxury resort." She continued. Zia thought for a moment and looked out the window. "Is that it on the ocean?" She asked.

"Yes that's it!" She answered. "That's Nastina's paradise, a super luxury hotel, the hotel to end all hotels!" She exclaimed as she began describing the place. "I'll have hundreds of luxurious suites, surrounded by the world's most beautiful coral reef. But only if those Tentacool stop interfering with construction!" She explained as she frowned.

Zia realized what this meant, she was the woman that was building on top of the Tentacool's home. However, she decided to just go with it for now. "You mean the Tentacool are the ones that paralyzed the sailors?" She asked, faking ignorance.