Chapter 25: The Hypnotic Hypnotizers

Zia, Sky, and Emmy finally reach their next destination on their journey.

"Uh... Where are we?" Emmy asks as they walk through the city. Zia checks her map since she doesn't really know either. "Hophophop Town...?" She replies in a questioning tone.

"Hop... hop... hop?" Sky asks to herself, none of them understanding the reasoning for the name of the town. "Lucy!" A woman yells as Zia is suddenly engulfed in a hug, a very tight one. "Where have you been Lucy? Mother's been so worried!" The woman asks as she continue to smother Zia.

"Excuse me, ma'am, but my name is Zia, not Lucy." The younger girl says as the woman releases her. "Oh, I am so sorry! But you look just like my little Lulu..." She apologizes, stepping back a little. "What happened to her?" Zia questions worriedly.

"I'm so upset because my daughter Lucy just disappeared." She answers after they all moved to a more comfortable place, sitting down. "She's been gone for three days." She added.

Zia frowned a little. "And you haven't heard from her?" Zia asked. "Not a word." The woman says dejectedly. "Has she ever mentioned wanting to be anything that could warrant traveling, like a trainer?" The white haired girl questions, trying to help. "She likes Pokemon, of course, but she's never mentioned being a trainer, much less any dream like that." The older says.

"Is there a chance she could just come home soon?" Zia asked her. "No. My daughter isn't the only child that's gone missing recently." She revealed, making the situation seem even worse.

The woman points over to the side where there is a wall full of posters with pictures of missing children on them. "They certainly were nice children, all of them. Disappearing one by one like that? I just can't understand it." A new voice says. Everyone looks over to see it was Officer Jenny who spoke.

She got off her motorcycle and walked up to the poster wall, with a new one in her hand. "Hmm, let's see. Where should I hang this one?" She asks herself as Zia walks up to her. "Officer Jenny? Is there any way I could help?" She asks. "Huh? Oh! That would but much appreciated, just try not to cause more trouble." She answers.

Zia smiled and nodded as she looked back over at the woman. She felt bad, the lady reminding her of her own mother who she still hasn't talked to yet. Zia makes up her mind to find Lucy and the other children, and then have a talk with her own mom about the secrets she's been keeping.

Officer Jenny and Zia walk through the town with Sky and Emmy following them. They've kept quiet so far, but are ready to help. "All of the missing children disappeared exactly three days ago." Jenny tells the girl. "At the same time? Do they have anything in common?" Zia asked. "No, they don't have anything related to one another." She answers as Zia furrows her eyebrows in thought.

"But, I think other kids may know something about it." Jenny continued as they stopped in front of the Pokemon center. "I see. So we're going to ask the kids at the Pokemon center." Zia stated as they went inside.

Officer Jenny and Zia went around to different kids and asked them if they've ever seen any of the missing kids. "Have you seen him before?" Zia asked a little girl with pigtails as she scanned the picture with her tongue sticking out. She looked up at the older girl and shook her head, making Zia sigh.

She turned around to go find another child when she saw Emmy standing over two little boys with a glare, holding another kid's picture, while Officer Jenny looked at her worriedly. Zia groaned and walked over there, picking up the Servine into her arms. "What are you doing Emmy?" Zia asked as Emmy pouted. "I was making sure those brats weren't lying! I never trust those little devils!" She yelled, but to everyone else it sounded like a normal Pokemon talking.