Chapter 84: Guys Will Be Guys

"So what's this thing you needed to ask me about?" Drake asked once he and Zia's group were alone. They had met up at the Pokémon Center where they could talk privately without all the fans and paparazzi trying to crowd around them.

"You see, we need some help getting information on this Kirlia's family. Lance said you knew things about the Pokémon Royals." Zia replied as Drake took on a thinking pose, appearing to be trying to remember something.

Finally, he looked back at the younger. "Sorry to say, I don't know a thing. I don't know why Lance told you that." He answered as all of their eyes widened. "...What?" Zia asked, clearly confused by this outcome.

"Yeah, I haven't a clue about the Royals besides what everyone knows." Drake shrugged, not sure what to do. "I'm going to kill him!" Zia shouted as she began stomping towards the phones,

KC ran after her. "Whoa, Z! Calm down." He soothed as she turned on the phone, dialing the former Champion's number. Despite her boyfriend's attempts to placate her, Zia scowled as she waited for him to pick up.

A few seconds later, an image of Lance appeared on the screen, the dragon specialist smiling happily. "Hey! How are y-" "Lance! Why'd you lie to me!? What were you thinking!?" She yelled at him as everyone around her sweat dropped. She can be scary when she wants to.

"Ah, I see you've battled Drake already. I assume you won since you have the Winner's Trophy." Lance said calmly, pointing to the small trophy sitting on the table where the girl was previously sitting.

"Don't avoid the topic. Why'd you say Drake would know about Kirlia's mom when he doesn't have a clue?" Zia questioned, having taken a breath so she wouldn't yell again, but still very annoyed. Lance looked at her seriously for a moment before sighing.

"Look, I knew that Drake didn't know anything, I'm sorry. But I needed to see how well you'd adapt to a foreign area. While you might've never seen the whole of Kanto, the terrain was consistent most of the way. You also had Professor Oak's help as he gave you a Pokédex with all the info you'd need inside and gave you check ins along the way. However, in the Orange Islands, you'd need to figure out your own way of transportation and your own way of getting information about the different islands. It also gave me a chance to see how well you work with your Pokémon outside of battles." Lance explained as Zia lifted an eyebrow.

"But why would you need to know all of that?" She asked him. The red head suddenly took on a steely expression as he looked her straight in the eyes. "Zia, I want to train you to be apart of the G-Men." He announced.

All was silent for a moment. "...What's a G Man?" The girl questioned, never having heard of that before. "G-Men, and it's a detective organization where we would travel the country, finding people who mistreat Pokémon and give them up to the police to arrest them. Only the best of the best are in it and it's highly confidential about who is in it, what we do, when we do it, and where we do it." Lance replied quietly, so no one passing by could hear them. Even KC barely heard him and he was just a few feet behind Zia.

The mentioned girl's eyes widened in shock that she had an opportunity to be apart of that. "You're serious?" She asked excitedly, her eyes sparkling with joy. Lance chuckled and nodded. "It will also help you find out more about the Royals. I was being truthful when I said I didn't know anything." He added in as Zia smiled.

"You've captured my interest. So how do I start?" She tilted her head, wondering how to officially join. "You'd train under me as my apprentice and then when I deem you ready I'll take you to headquarters where the council will decide if you can join as a full member." The older answered her.

Zia glanced behind her as KC who was the only one close to her. Kirlia, Sky, Emmy, Kaida, and Drake were all still back at the table waiting on them. "What do you think? We probably won't see each other for a while if I do this." She asked his opinion sadly. Just being away from him for a couple of days when he was getting her present was hard. They've been traveling with one another for so long now and have been through so much together.