Chapter 7: Cerulean City

Zia and her Pokemon finally arrived in Cerulean City after coming back from Pewter City. They were in the Pokemon center planning their battle for the gym.

"How about we use Sky and I again?" Emmy suggested. Zia thought for a moment then shook her head.

"No, I want to use my other Pokemon as well." She said as she continued to think. After 30 minutes of her picking her 3 Pokemon she finally decided. The three then went outside to get some fresh air. They were walking around the town when they spotted the gym. There was a sign saying they were doing a water show so the trio decided to go see it. They bought the tickets and went inside.

As they walked in, the place also seemed to be an aquarium. There were water Pokemon everywhere, it was very serene. They continued to the main gym part where the show was being held. They handed an attendant the ticket then took a seat in the back of the bleachers. The show was actually quite fun. The three girls, Daisy, Violet, and Lily, were doing various aquatic tricks with their water Pokemon. When the show ended, Zia walked up to them.

"Hello, I'd like to have a gym battle?" She asked. The three girls looked between each other before one, Daisy, spoke up. "We aren't doing gym battles anymore. We can't seem to beat anyone recently and decided to just stick with water shows." She said. Zia nodded, a little disappointed, before she heard someone else speak.

"Wait! I'll be the gym leader this time around." Zia turned around to see a girl about a year older than her. She had orange hair out in a ponytail to the side. She was wearing shorts and a pale, tan shirt with red suspenders.

"Misty? I thought you went off to go catch and train your water Pokemon." Lily asked. The girl, Misty, scoffed and looked at the three. "I did, but when I heard you all stopped doing gym battles I had to come back!" She said while throwing her hands up. She then turned to Zia and smiled.

"Hello, I'm Misty and I'm the 4th sister of the Cerulean Gym. I can take you on in a gym battle if you want." She offered. Zia nodded and they moved to the battle field which was a pool with 2 stands in the middle. Violet decided to ref and explained the rules.

"This is a battle between the challenger, Zia, and the gym leader, Misty. Each side will have 3 Pokemon. The side that loses all 3 Pokemon first is the loser. Only the challenger can switch Pokemon. Begin!" Misty released a Goldeen and Zia sent out Avery.

Goldeen: The Goldfish Pokemon
A strong swimmer, it is capable of swimming nonstop up fast streams at a steady speed of five knots

The Goldeen landed in the water with Avery hovering in the air. "Goldeen, horn attack!" Misty ordered. Goldeen swam in the water at a fast pace with its horn glowing. When it made its way under Avery, it jumped out of the water and hit him. Avery faltered in its flying from the damage but quickly regained himself. "Avery, use twister on the water surrounding Goldeen." Zia said.

Avery nodded and flapped its wings and the wind picked up the water and made it into a twister, surrounding the water Pokemon. The water twister shook the Goldeen around and trapped it, doing continuous damage to it. Before Misty could call an attack Zia continued. "Now stop the twister and use tackle." The twister stopped and Avery flew to the Goldeen before it could drop and tackled it. It landed on stand and fainted.

"The winner is Zia and Avery. Goldeen is unable to battle!" Violet announced. Misty brought back her Pokemon and sent out another one. Zia did as well. Zia sent out Gunnar and Misty sent out Staryu.

Staryu: The Star Shape Pokemon
An enigmatic Pokemon that can effortlessly regenerate any appendage it loses in battle