Chapter 16: Way Too Big

With a new Pokemon captured, Zia decides to rest on the island Ziton had stopped at.

As she looked around for some fish to eat in the water, Zia took off her bag with her pokeballs in it. Sky and Emmy were sun basking and taking a quick nap. So as everyone's backs were turned, no one noticed that someone had taken Zia's Pokemon.

As Zia turned back around after successfully catching a fish she noticed her bag was opened. "Hey, did either of you open my bag?" She questioned her two companions. They both shook their heads and watched as Zia inspected her things.

"Oh no! I can't find the pokeballs anywhere!" She exclaimed as she looked around in case they rolled out. Sky and Emmy jumped up, also looking around. "I don't see them anywhere." Sky shouted from the rocks. "Neither do I." Emmy chimed in while searching through the sand.

"Well we have to go find them, I just can't just leave them here." Zia said as she gathered her stuff and began walking into the island, hoping to find her missing Pokemon.

~~with the Pokemon~~

The mysterious figure carried all 9 of our protagonist's pokeballs, carrying them somewhere. One of the Pokemon felt something was wrong so they came out. "Who are you?" Mayas asked as she looked at the perpetrator which could now be identified as a Graveler.

"What? How did you come out of this?" He asked the Clefable. She rolled her eyes and pointed to the rest. "They are called pokeballs. They are used by humans to carry us around easier so they can take care of and train us." She explained. He nodded, less confused. "I'm sorry, I thought these were berries." He apologized as he sat the rest of them down. Mayas accepted the apology as watched as the Graveler walked away.

Mayas looked at the pile of her trainer's pokeballs and figured the Graveler took them while she wasn't looking. Sighing, she walked up to all of them and tapped each, opening them up. "Come on out everybody!" She called out.

"Are you all ok?" She asked them. They all nodded. "Where are we?" Kai asked as he looked around. "Are we lost?" Vinnie added. "What is this place?" Dimitri questioned. "Yeah, where is Zia?" Avery continued. "And Emmy?" "Sky as well?" Gunnar and Athena wondered.

"I don't know." Mayas sighed as she also looked around. Tania suddenly spoke up. "Wait, I see a Pokemon over there!" She announced as she gestured to a Slowpoke that was sitting on a rock. They all headed over to it.

"Hello, could you tell us where we are?" Ziton asked as he lowered his head so he could look at the slowpoke's face. It didn't move so Mayas tried. "Hey, can you hear us? Where are we?" She prodded. It still didn't show signs of moving so they just about gave up when it stood.

They waited for it to talk when all it did was back up and stick its tail into the water. Sweat dropping, they then gave up. "It sure is peaceful here." Kai commented as he and Vinnie laid under a tree. Vinnie nodded in agreement.

Later, around night time, they all started into the forest, looking for Zia. Dimitri and Athena were using their tail and will-o-wisps to light the way. "I don't see Zia, Sky, or Emmy anywhere." Gunnar said dejectedly.

"They just disappeared." Dimitri muttered. "Maybe they all gotten eaten by wild Pokemon!" Kai said as he made a scary face. "Don't say things like that!" Mayas scolded as she hit Kai on the head. "Owww..." He said hurtfully as he rubbed his head. "Yeah, cut it out." Athena said as she glanced around nervously.

"Maybe Zia forgot about us." Vinnie said being the negative force of the group. A few of them thought about it but Tania interjected. "Zia would never do that!"

"Yeah, she's not like that!" Avery agreed. "Maybe.." Vinnie muttered skeptically. Suddenly Meowth, Ekans, and Koffing jumped out of the bushes. "Alright Pokemon, surrender!" He shouted at them. "Oh, it's just Meowth!" Gunnar said as they all sighed and released their breath. "I guess we are losing our evil impact... Ok, guys, go get 'em." He called to Ekans and Koffing.