Chapter 47: Cinnabar Gym

Zia and her friends finally sail to Cinnabar Island for her seventh gym badge.

"I can't wait until we get to Cinnabar. I heard it's beautiful." Zia stated as they looked out at the ocean from over the railing of the ship. "It's also got an awesome volcano. Best of all, its Pokemon research laboratory is one of the best in the world. Trainers come from all over to learn the latest Pokemon techniques." KC added.

"Well, I'm personally more interested in the gym, but we can look there too." Zia told him with a chuckle. "I'm ready to get another gym battle, been too long." Emmy said as Sky nodded. "It has been a while." She said.

"I've never seen a gym battle. I'm excited to watch." Kirlia stated. "It's a good thing you're traveling with Zia then, she's never lost a single battle." Emmy gloated. "That's not true, Emmy. Vinnie and I lost against Sabrina's Kadabra the first time, remember?" Zia corrected. "Oh yeah." The Serperior deflated.

"Well, if Zia had won, we wouldn't have met Aine." Sky pointed out, making Emmy happy again. "True, true." She nodded. Meanwhile, Kaida was just staring at the water, nobody knowing what she was really thinking about.

"Don't worry, girls. You'll all get a chance to take a picture with me." A voice said quite loudly making them look over to see Gary Oak surrounded by girls once again. He had flip flops, red shorts, a pink Hawaii shirt with blue patterns on it, sunglasses, and a tattered sun hat. "Hey look, who let this loser on board?" Gary asked as he spotted Zia.

"Hi to you too, Gary. I suppose you're going to Cinnabar Island as well?" She asked him while sighing. "Yup." He answered. Then everyone moved to the deck area. There were people swimming in the pool, taking pictures, and just relaxing. "I wonder if they're all trainers?" KC asked as he looked at the numerous people on board.

"You and your posey are as clueless as always, Zi-Zi. Pokemon trainers haven't gone to Cinnabar Island since my grandfather's days as a trainer. These people are all tourists. Cinnabar Island's a resort!" Gary informed from his position laying down in a beach chair.

"I earned so many badges already, I'm taking a break to work on my tan." He added as the girls fangirled. "That's nice, Gary. Good for you." Zia said, already mentally tired from being around him. "Anyways, you've come this way for nothing. Cinnabar Island doesn't even have a gym anymore. You're just waisting your time if you don't believe me." Gary said as Zia, Emmy, and Sky frowned at him, annoyed. KC and Kirlia just chuckled awkwardly. Kaida had fallen asleep.

As the ship docked, Zia's group decided to have a look around. "Gary was right, this place is a tourist hotspot." KC muttered as he looked around at all the vendors and shops. "Yeah, I wonder how this place became so popular." Zia pondered. "The answer is a riddle." A voice suddenly said as a man appeared in front of them, making them jump. He had a red shirt with green beads around his neck. Long blonde hair with a matching mustache, and black tinted glasses. He kind of looked like a hippie.

"What do you think tourists like that is hot and cool?" The man asked. "I know! When you lay your head in a freezer and then wrap yourself in an electric blanket!" KC answered. "Totally wrong!" The man shot him down as Zia covered her face with one of her hands, embarrassed. The other held Kaida.

"It's a hot spring, KC." Zia mumbled. "Totally right. See, kids, because of the volcano there are lots of hot springs here on Cinnabar Island. And every year, more and more tourists come to visit them. Now they've even taken over Cinnabar Island. Trainers don't come anymore. Tourists! They've ruined the island!" The man cried dramatically at the end.

"So, is there a Pokemon gym here or not?" Zia asked, straight to the point. "I heard the gym leader was a guy named Blaine." KC added, giving information for later. "His gym is right where you put your glasses." The man said a riddle again. "That's a tricky one." Emmy mumbled. KC was much the same way.