Chapter 57: New Competitor

Taking a break before the fifth rounds begin for the Pokemon League, Zia and the rest walked around the Village.

"Hey, I'm really hungry." Misty suddenly stated. "We should all go out and have a big meal in celebration for Zia and Ash's victories." Brock said as he put his hands behind his head. "And dinner's on Zia and I 'cause everybody in the Pokemon League eats free!" Ash cheered.

"Hi, Ash!" A voice greeted as they all looked over to see Professor Oak, Delia, and Ari standing in front of their cabin. "Mom?" Zia asked as they walked over. "Oh, Zia, sweetie, you did so well at your match! Completely obliterated the competition. Your opponent had no chance." Ari said with a sweet smile, making them all shiver, except for Zia and her Pokemon who were used to it.

"Thanks. But Sky and Emmy did most of the work." Zia said as she gestured to the two Pokemon. "Dratini!" Kaida cried happily. "Oh! Let me see the baby, you're so cute. Yes you are." Zia's mother cooed as she picked up the Dratini.

"You did great out there as well, Ash. You are definitely growing as a trainer." Oak told him. "Yes, you were amazing! And I hope you're taking care of yourself as well." Delia added as Ash chuckled awkwardly.

"You have to keep your strength up for when you compete so I'm making your favorite meal for you." She continued. "You are? But where are you gonna cook around here?" Ash asked her. "Leave that to me!" She said.

That's how they ended up at a fancy restaurant at one of the top floors of a tall building. Delia was using the chefs' kitchen to cook, like it was her own. "Our customers do not come here to cook." The chef said in a confused tone, a French accent in his voice. "Well, maybe they should try it. Ash, dinner's almost ready!" His mom yelled as the rest watched from the entrance of the kitchen.

"I can't wait." He mumbled. "This is either going to be very bad or very good." KC muttered. A little bit later, they all got a table as Delia set out the food. It was a full course meal, visually as good as food from a chef. They all chowed down as they complimented her cooking.

Ari and Delia even started to talk to one another about exchanging recipes. "You know, you two, if you win the next round then you'll be allowed to use six Pokemon per match. Have you decided which Pokemon you'll use?" Oak asked them. "Hmm. I think I'll wait to see who I'm up against first." Ash answered.

"I've already got a general draft. If I need to make changes, I will, but for the most part it's pretty much set." Zia replied. "You know, we still haven't seen any of your Pokemon besides Sky, Emmy, and Kaida." Ash pointed out. "That's not true, I know three of her other Pokemon. It was Avery, Gunnar, and Athena, right?" Misty asked, making sure.

"Yes. But I've let Gunnar go, he's now living with a swarm of Beedrill we came across one day." Zia answered with a sad smile. Misty nodded understandably. "I'm going to take a guess here and say Athena is the Pokemon I gave you. Since you only had four other Pokemon before that one and none were named Athena." Brock said. "You would be correct, Brock. And I'll tell you something: she evolved." Zia said with a grin.

"Really? That's great! I'm sure you've trainer her well." Brock said with a smile. "Come on! Tell me what she has! I don't know what any of these nicknames mean." Ash whined. "Sorry, Ash, but it's not our information to tell. She still doesn't know all of your Pokemon either." Misty said as she continued eating.

"Anyways, tomorrow they decide who everybody battles." Brock stated. "That's correct. Don't forget to let me know if you need anymore Pokemon." Oak told Ash after agreeing with Brock.

After they had finished eating, they went to the elevator to go back outside. "Hold the door please! I'm going downstairs too!" A voice yelled as they all looked to see a kid running towards them. He was around Zia and Ash's age with auburn colored hair. He wore a yellow and blue hat and a mainly green outfit with blue fingerless gloves. He kind of reminded Zia of Ash.