Chapter 65: Cold Feet

"That's a lot of people." Zia stated as she peaked out of the entrance tunnel into the stadium. There was not a seat left empty as she looked at the countless amount of excited faces.

"What are you talking about? There was probably triple this number at the Indigo League and you didn't mention it once." KC stated as he stood behind her. She turned around to face him. "Well, the pressure wasn't as high as then. Yeah, the finals were a lot, but now everyone's specifically watching me. They're going to be studying my every move to see if I'm even close to beating any of the Elite Four. It's a lot." She muttered.

KC sighed and stepped closer, wrapping her in his arms. "You'll do great and they'll love you. You're going to blow them out of the water and become the new champion." He said lowly, trying to encourage her. She chuckled and returned the hug.

"And how do you know?" She asked. "Because you're Zia, my talented, strong, beautiful girlfriend who has psychic abilities. You can do anything." He answered, making her laugh in embarrassment as she hid her face in his neck.

"Alright, you win. Even if I'm not that experience in my psychic side, and you're biased." Zia said as she stepped back from the hug. He gave her one of his goofy smiles after quickly pecking her nose. "Maybe." He said cheekily. "But it's true."

Zia rolled her eyes as the Pokemon laughed. "And now, ladies and gentlemen, we will now commence the first battle of the Champion League. Will the challenger please step onto the field?" The announcer's voice rang out as the crowd cheered in anticipation.

Zia jumped, startled, before picking up Kaida from Sky's back and handing her to KC. "Take care of her. I don't want her near the battle just in case." Zia told him sternly. He nodded and picked the Dratini up in one arm, the other holding Kirlia.

"Yes ma'am." He said a little too seriously. Zia just nodded and turned, Sky and Emmy at her sides. The three walked out onto the battlefield, the sudden light change blinding her for a moment. It was exactly the same from yesterday when Lance showed her, but now it felt real, it was actually happening. The defeaning clapping and yelling of the crowd grounded her as she went to her side of the field.

She looked across from her to see a woman, definitely an adult. She had burning red hair in a ponytail and sleek glasses. She wore a short and mildly revealing black and purple dress. A gold colored bracelet on her right wrist. Finally, black heels adorned her feet.

"Now that our challenger has arrived, let me introduce the battlers. The challenger and winner of this year's Indigo League, it's none other than Zia Ray Braxs! A young female trainer rising through the ranks quicker than I've seen in a while, folks. A real competitor to watch out for." The announcer began.

"On the other side is the first of the Elite Four, a woman as smooth as water but with a heart as cold as ice. The ice specialist, Lorelei!" The announcer added as the crowd went wild for both trainers. Excitement filling the atmosphere.

Zia took the momentary pause as a chance to study Lorelei. Her arms were crossed as she stood in a position that was almost uninterested in the battle. Her previously closed eyes opened as she also studied Zia. After a second, she just chuckled, putting her hands on her hips.

"You may have won the Indigo League, but don't get cocky. You won't have to worry about battling the rest because there's no way you're getting past me and my icy moves. I'll freeze your Pokemon solid!" Lorelei stated arrogantly with a pointed look.

Zia smiled as she heard the unspoken challenge in the woman's tone. "You say that, but I'll just burn my way out. There's no stopping me when I'm vying for something." Zia shot back, not wanting to just lean back and take the belittling words of the red head.