Chapter 63: A Slashing Reunion

Getting closer and closer to the Elite Four, Zia and the rest take a break so they can rest. They also decided to let all of their Pokemon out to eat and stretch a bit.

Zia and KC were leaning against a tree, cuddling one another as they watched to make sure nothing bad happened to the rest. "You know, I never would have suspected this to be my life a year ago." KC muttered suddenly. Zia looked up at him from her spot on his shoulder.

"I didn't either, but it's happened and I'm glad it did." She said with a smile as she kissed his jaw before laying back on his shoulder. "Me too." He agreed and nuzzled her head with his nose.

"Zia!" One of the Pokemon shouted. The girl immediately jumped up and ran over to the voice, followed by a confused KC. As she got closer, she realized it was her Electabuzz. "Ciana? What's wrong?" Zia asked worriedly.

"Sandshrew is gone!" She exclaimed, a little panicked. "Gone? What do you mean gone?" Sky asked as the other Pokemon started to gather around. "I was training with him so I could fare better against ground-types when he just started to run into the forest." Ciana explained, trying to calm down.

KC looked back and forth. "What's she saying? I'm confused." He asked, furrowing his eyebrows. Zia took and breath and turned to him. "Your Sandshrew ran off somewhere." She told him, his face immediately becoming nervous. "Sandshrew? Why? He wouldn't just run off." He stressed.

Zia walked over to her boyfriend and out a hand on his cheek, making him look at her. "You're always telling me to clam down, so I'll tell it to you. We'll find him." She soothed, rubbing his cheek with her thumb. He looked in her eyes for a moment and sighed. "Alright." He said, closing his eyes.

Zia smiled at him. "Great. Everyone, return." Zia said and called everyone back to their pokeballs except for her usual Pokemon and her Pidgeot. "You two as well." KC said, returning his Pinsir and Pikachu.

"Avery, go search in the air for him." Zia ordered as her Pokemon nodded. "On it." The Pidgeot said and flew away. "I just don't understand why he'd run off like that." KC mumbled as he paced a bit.

Zia sighed and stepped in front of him, stopping his moving. "KC, I'm sure there's a good reason. At least we know he went on his own and wasn't kidnapped." Zia assured, still admittedly a little shaken about Kaida. KC's eyes softened. "I know, I'll calm down." He said, feeling a little guilty. He was overreacting to a situation that could be much worse.

"You have every right to be worried, KC, that's not what I'm saying. I just don't want you to stress yourself." Zia said and kissed his cheek. He smiled and pecked her forehead in return.

"Guys! I found him!" The voice of Avery shouted as they all looked up in the air at the Pidgeot. "Lead the way." Zia said and grabbed her bag and Kaida. KC got the message and got his own bag and Kirlia. The two of them, along with Sky and Emmy, ran after the flying-type as he led them towards Sandshrew.

Eventually, they make it into another part of the forest where they could see part of KC's Sandshrew peeking out from behind a tree. "Thanks, Avery." Zia said and returned the Pidgeot. They then began walking closer.

"Sandshrew? Why'd you run off?" KC asked as they rounded the tree. Only to gasp as they saw another Sandshrew lying there. It was smaller, probably only a baby, and it looked hurt. "Poor thing." Zia said and dug around in her bag for medicine and bandages.

"You heard this Sandshrew in pain and ran over, right?" KC questioned as his Sandshrew nodded. Zia knelt next to the injured Pokemon and began to apply the medicine, cringing as the younger Sandshrew whined in pain.