Chapter 71: The Present

"You know, Kirlia, I still don't understand how I am lucky enough to have Zia." KC sighed dreamily as they walked through Vermilion City, down to the port.

"I get it, you're a love-struck fool. Let's just get the present and go! I think you're having Zia withdrawals." Kirlia said, annoyed. The kid wouldn't shut up! KC pouted, looking to the side. "Whatever." He mumbled but still stopped talking about the girl.

They walked together in some much needed silence, for Kirlia at least, along the port, searching for a certain ship. Then, KC spotted the one he was looking for. It was a decently sized merchant boat with a person standing on it.

"Are you Captain Willard?" KC asked as he and Kirlia got closer. The man decked out in the captain's uniform looked down to see the boy and psychic/fairy-type. "Yes, that's me. Are you KC?" He asked back, getting a nod in return.

"Well then come on up here." He said, waving his hand over as he went inside the boat. KC helped Kirlia up before jumping on himself. They waited for the Captain to come back out and after a minute, he did. He was holding a box in both of his hands as he walked over.

Holding the box out, KC took it, putting it in his bag so he could get the money for it out before handing it to the merchant captain. "Sure hope you get a good use out of it, they're only found in Sinnoh, so I had to travel a fine way." Captain Willard said. "I will. I'm going to give it to my girlfriend as a present. She'll love it." KC grinned as the Captain gave a hearty laugh.

"I understand. I'm sure she will, young man. You better get going, don't want to keep the young misus waiting, do ya?" He asked, patting KC on the shoulder. "Nope, thank you, sir!" KC said as she jumped back off the boat. Willard waved as KC walked away, happy to see the young kids these days can still get a nice gift for their partner.

"Now, how do we get to Mikan Island?" KC asked as he looked at the map Lance gave him. "I would teleport us, but I've never been there. I also don't think I'm strong enough to take you with me." Kirlia told him as he hummed, thinking.

"If only I had a water Pokemon like a Gyarados, or a Lapras." He muttered. Sadly, he only had a Kirlia, Pikachu, Sandslash, and Pinsir. "Did someone say Mikan Island?" Two people in captain uniforms appeared in front of KC and Kirlia. "Um, I did." KC said, raising his hand.

One of the captains had long red hair while the other had short blue hair. Each had sunglasses on. "Great, we can take you!" The bluette stated as he began pulling KC along to the other end of the port. The red head had picked up Kirlia and was walking next to them.

"That's great, but, uh, why?" KC asked, not understanding. "We're going to Mikan Island as well!" The one with long hair answered. "Yes, we're going to see a dear, dear friend." The male stated as they pushed the two onto a boat, jumping in after them.

However, as soon as they got on the boat, they tied KC and Kirlia together with some rope, throwing them onto the ground. "Hey, what's going on?!" KC yelled, trying to get out of the rope. "Hahaha, the twerp is as dense as always." The one with long red hair said before the two threw their disguises off, showing them as Team Rocket.

"Even with that psychic-type Kirlia, he still couldn't see this comin!" Meowth said from the front of the boat, where he was starting the engine before driving them away from the port.

"Hey, look what I found." James said as he held up the box containing Zia's present from his bag. "Put it back!" KC yelled, struggling against the ropes. "Hmm? What do we have here?" Jesse slid over as they both peaked inside the box. "It's a... cube?" James asked, not knowing what it was.

"Well that's worthless." Jesse waved it off as she closed the box and threw it into the ocean. "No!/wait!" KC and Kirlia shouted, but it was too late as it sunk down into the water.

The brunette hung his head as he berated himself for letting himself and Kirlia get captured so easily, and now the gift he spent so much time to get for Zia was wasted. Kirlia, knowing exactly how hard it was for KC to find someone that had that object, was furious.

"How dare you!" She exclaimed as her eyes glowed blue, the rope tearing apart easily. She stood up and walked towards Team Rocket who now looked terrified. "Didn't you get the psychic proof ropes?!" Jesse whispered to Meowth who was sweating. "We didn't have the cash!" He replied.

However, before Kirlia could do anything, something shot out of the water next to the boat. Everyone looked over to see a Dewgong with a box in its flippers and a lump on its head glaring at them. It spotted Kirlia and began talking to her.

"They kidnapped us and threw the box into the ocean. My partner has worked very hard to buy that and they almost completely ruined it." Kirlia explained, pointing at Team Rocket as the culprits. The Dewgong nodded and gently set the box onto the boat before looking at the trio.

It then shot an ice beam at them, causing the three to yelp and jumped away. "Why you...! Arbok, poison sting!" Jesse yelled as she released the purple snake. It shot out a needle of poison as it struck the water/ice-type. It cried out in pain before sending out a multi-colored beam from the horn on its head. The aurora beam hit Team Rocket, sending them flying and disappearing into the air.

"Thank you Dewgong." KC said as he looked back at the Pokemon. However, the Pokemon didn't look so good. "Kirlia, what's wrong with it?" He asked as she talked with the marine Pokemon. "It's poisoned from Jesse's Arbok's poison sting." She told him.

KC's eyes widened as he bent over the side of the boat. "Grab my hand, Dewgong. I'm going to pull you up so I can help you." He explained as the Pokemon held out one of its flippers. KC grasped it and pulled, however, the Dewgong was too heavy. "Kirlia, use psychic to help me lift it up." He told her as she nodded, her eyes glowing as the poisoned Pokemon was outlined in blue.

With Kirlia's help, KC was able to pull the Dewgong onto the boat. He then dug into his bag and brought out an antidote he keeps on him for emergencies, along with other types of medicine. "Here, drink this. It'll reverse the poison." He instructed as he held it to the Dewgong's mouth. It drank it slowly and after a few minutes, it seemed to be better.

"Dew! Dewgong!" It cried happily as it got up, clapping its flippers together. KC and Kirlia chuckled, glad it was alright. "Well, we've got to get going." KC said as he walked up to the steering wheel of the boat, only to find that the fuel tank was empty. "Oh no! How are we gonna get to Mikan Island now?! We're in the middle of the ocean." He shouted, a depressed aura forming around him.

"Dewgong, gong!" The marine Pokemon cried as it jumped in the water, however, it wasn't leaving. KC looked at Kirlia to elaborate. "It wants us to jump on its back. It'll take us to the island." She explained as KC smiled. "Really? You'd do that?" He asked, getting a nod from it. "Dewgong, Dewgong. Dew!" It said.

"It's saying it wants to return the favor since you helped get rid of the poison." Kirlia translated. "Alright, just let me get my stuff." He said and picked up the box, carefully putting it back in his bag. He then grabbed Kirlia and jumped over the edge of the boat, landing on the Dewgong's back. "To Mikan Island!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This one was really short, but I wanted to give you all a little insight to what KC was up to.

Have any guesses on what the gift is?

A little hint: it's not just for Zia.

Hope you've enjoyed 💜💜💜💜💜

Zia's Pokemon:
Shinx~Luxio~Luxray - Female (Sky)
Shiny Snivy~Shiny Servine~Shiny Serperior - Female (Emmy)
Pidgey~Pidgeotto~Pidgeot - Male (Avery)
Vulpix~Ninetails - Female (Athena)
Clefable - Female (Mayas)
Feebas~Milotic - Female (Tania)
Bulbasaur~Ivysaur~Venusaur - Male (Vinnie)
Charmander~Charmeleon~Charizard - Male (Dimitri)
Squirtle~Wartortle~Blastoise - Male (Kai)
Gyarados - Male (Ziton)
Haunter~Gengar - Female (Aine)
Electabuzz - Female (Ciana)
Rapidash - Female (Flair)
Dratini - Female (Kaida)
Growlithe~Arcanine - Male (Iri)

Zia's Former Pokemon:
Primeape - Male (Cad)
Weedle~Kakuna~Beedrill - Male (Gunnar)

Sabrina's Pokemon:
Abra~Kadabra~Alakazam - Male
Mr. Mime - Male
Slowpoke~Slowbro - Female