ten

||CHAPTER 10||
《¤》

"Jolly bua?"

When Arnav's voice resonated the dramatic surprise he encountered as we entered the house after the run, I decided to pay attention to our surroundings.

"Aise greet karte hai apne rishtedaron ko?" She raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow, jokingly. "Haan haan, Namaste bolna, pair chhoona tho black and white zamane ka hai, tum silver and gold wali generation se to 'Yo Bro' karna padega."

With his hands joined, he bowed, his words not reciprocating his actions. "Toh karo na, feel free, we don't judge."

I almost rolled my eyes before she decided I was her next target, "Aur madam, aapke haal chaal kaise chal rahe hai? Badhiya?"

With an exhausted huff, I landed on the sofa next to her. "Aaj kaunsa party host karne aayi ho?"

Her eyes narrowed at me, as she frowned. "Hay Ram! Mammi!" She called out for Daadi who was inside the dining room, "Dekho aapki pothi kitni badtameez ho gayi hai!"

"Arey!" My eyes widened, "Isme konsi badtameezi hai?"

"Nahi hai kya? I come here to spend some time with my dear bhanji-bhanja, and all I get in return in sarcasm. Dekh liya, dekh liya kitna pyaar karte ho apni bua ko."

We stared seriously at each other for five seconds before bursting out of laughter.

"Naha ke aa, we are going out."

"Going where?" Arnav came out of the kitchen he had disappeared into, with two glasses of OJ. Grabbing one, I stood up.

"Graphique, of course. Bhaiya ne nahi bataya tumhe?"

"Isn't it still under construction?" I asked, recalling the excerpts of the few talks my dear Dad had given me, about opening a new Exhibition Gallery. He was expanding our industry, and this time he had decided upon an Art Gallery, displaying the works of new artists, a new business venture.

"It's almost complete. Wednesday inauguration hai. But since you guys haven't been there yet, or anywhere to be real, maine ye socha kyon na I take you to see your future workplace? Haan haan, I know you're grateful and all, jaldi tayyar ho jao."

I couldn't miss the slight change of Arnav's expression. And every such moment made me think about my inference.

The workers were scurrying around with huge frames and exotic exhibits, and we had to watch our every step so as to not knock off the breath taking pieces of art

The workers were scurrying around with huge frames and exotic exhibits, and we had to watch our every step so as to not knock off the breath taking pieces of art. The ceiling of the black and beige room was quite high, and the chandelier that hung from the top was another piece of work to marvel upon.