fifty-seven

||CHAPTER 57||
《¤》

Considering the fact that it was an early October night, the winds that blew were mercilessly cold, making me shiver. From the terrace of our building, the view was spellbinding, the city lights casting a look that made us feel the calm of the rush.

I had ditched my heels and taken a seat against the rough concrete wall. Strangely, I hadn't shed a tear even once since I had arrived back at my residence and climbed to the rooftop. I guess this situation wasn't too shocking for me. I should have had expected this, what with Dad's unusually amiable mood on mentioning Vansh for the past few weeks. Something must have had cooked up in his mind, and what else was to be expected but another form of the Bandhan?

I wasn't even hurt anymore.It was an overrated feeling, and I was way over it.

The tube light above me suddenly blinked to life, making me look around. I had made sure no one was around when I had climbed up. The door to the roof creaked and groaned against its hinges as it was pushed open.

It was my brother's white shirt that peeped in. He looked around, finally spotting me at a corner, sulking all by myself. God, what was happening to me?

I didn't spare him a glance while he slowly walked towards me, two wine glasses and a bottle covered in black polythene in hand. Imitating my position, he slid down beside me, leaning against the wall.

For a minute, no one spoke. However, his presence was making my tear glands itch, clouding my vision. I sniffed. This was difficult.

"It's cold, isn't it?" Arnav cleared his throat.

I was shivering, of course it was. "Very, very."

I hadn't seen that he was carrying a jacket with him until he draped it around me. "Didn't want to go treasure hunting in your cupboard, this was lying on your bed."

That's when I noticed what I was wearing above my turquoise dress- a pink denim jacket. That was the final straw, I started crying like a baby. Whining, screaming, running nose, wet face, everything.

"Arey arey," he shifted his position to kneel in front of me. "Kya hua?"

That made me cry even more, whine even more, bawl even more. My hands were pulling Vansh's jacket tighter around me, and smelling his whiff increased the intensity.

"Vika, jo kuchh hua usme teri galti bilkul nahi hai, come on, aasu bahana band kar, mujhe maza nahi aa raha tujhe rulane mein."

His attempt at being funny had me bawling my eyes out. "Par mujhe Vansh pasand hai, Arnav. And he probably hates me now- and he was the only person who liked me and was hot and attractive and understood me and loved hanging out with me! I am a loser Arnav!"

I was stupid, I was a bitch, I was incapable of accepting anything good that came my way.

And yet I wouldn't change a thing that happened in the past twenty-four fcuking centuries.

The most comforting thing that happened was his arms circling around me while my tears and drool formed a wet patch on his shirt. He had to put up with it, he was my brother after all. "It will be okay, sab theek ho jayega..."

I didn't have anything more to say, because nothing seemed to be alright. Delhi had been a bad idea, I should have stayed with my mother instead. At least living with the Oberoi's would have provided the drama I would have enjoyed. "Arnav, I want to go back. Nahi ho raha mujhse ye sab."

"No, Vika. Tum Mumbai nahi jaa rahi ho."

"Par Arnav I don't even have anything else to do here! After this ruckus Papa isn't going to trust me with any business, and everyone hates me anyway."