thirty-two

Important: please read the Author's Note at the end of this chapter after you've read Chapter 32.

||CHAPTER 32||
《¤》

I don't think I have ever thought that a boy looked so ravishing that could make my hormones go haywire, even back when Aryan was my boyfriend.

But Vansh Mehra here, was doing that to me, and my heart beat didn't just accelerate because he had appeared out of nowhere, when he said he won't be making it.

But I was a messed-up person, and my first reaction had to be stimulated by the fact that he was holding a flower vase for me. He had to be the most considerate guy out there.

"You would have been my thirteenth flower giver," I speak, breaking the eye-contact, because it wasn't making it easy to breathe.

"See?" He glances at the flowers in my hands and then points at the vase in his, "You still haven't been able to figure me out. I don't know if I should be disappointed or, well... I guess, just disappointed."

I place the flowers inside the vase in his outstretched hands. "You should, actually, be smug about it."

"Oh yeah? And why so?"

"Because, for me you keep on being a mystery," I say  watching him as he places the vase on the table beside him. "And girls love mysteries?"

"I presumed you liked everything crystal clear."

"Didn't say I loved being Sherlock Holmes." I don't know why, but his chuckle sounded like melted chocolate. "Khade kyu ho, baitth jao."

"Poochogi nahi ki mai yaha kaise, kaha se, kab, kyoon, prakat hua?" He asked, as we both scraped a chair out to sit.

"Didn't I just say I am not into the Sherlock Holmes fandom?"

"Touchè," he shrugged. I didn't need to know the how's and why's regarding his sudden appearance; I could easily figure it out. The only thing that mattered was that he was here, and quite ironically, my twin, was not.

"So..." he started, looking at me. "How are you?"

"Very beautiful," I shrugged.

"That's very arrogant of you to say," he fake frowned.

"And very rude of you to not agree. I mean, come on. Baara ladko ne phool diya, kisika tho dil pighla hoga mujhe dekh kar?"

He laughed it off, and didn't flirt back. I didn't like it very much.

"Tumhe pata tha mai aane wala hoon?"

"Ishita ne bolne ka try tho kiya, par no, we haven't reached the sign language stage in our... relationship."

He grinned. "That's why I keep her around."

"Because she has a strong tendency to miscommunicate?"

"Basically because though she can be a blabber-mouth, she's not even good at blabbering," he nodded.

"I'll keep that in mind and make sure Ishita thanks you for the compliment then," I shrugged.

I played with the edge of the long sleeve covering my hand.